-
Posts
45 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by rodatc
-
crap. I gave some away this past spring. Just been in my gear bag.
-
The large sold. Only medium left.
-
Hi I have 3 Mizuno Power belts for sale. Each with gold buckles. 2 Medium and 1 Large Let me know if you are interested. Great umpire belt. $45 plus shipping. I have 2 medium (28-34 waist )and 1 large 34-40 waist) Thanks
-
agree with fabric tape. I bought it at JoAnn Fabric. I think it is to keep the chest of women's dresses in the proper place. Works great.
-
A lot of experience. While in professional baseball I had a disk herniation. After 3 injections we went with surgery. L5S1 micro discectomy and lamanotomy. Surgery was in March and returned for the season in June. Like a new man. Still have minor flare ups but I manage well with regular workouts.
-
Same thing for me. I try to order early or mid December. If I wait til after the 1st of the year I'm lucky to get conference stuff in time.
-
I have this bag for baseball and the size down for football. I too keep my clothes on bottom and gear on top. Love this bag
-
JDavis225. If you are going and hoping to get a job... I recommend buying a pair of base pants if you only own combos asap. Honestly 2 pair. You will need them there. Buy the best you can get. Either Honigs or UmpAttire's polywools. You will not need plate pants. There are only cage sessions and simulated games at TUS (just like Evan's). In cages you will put equipment on the outside and on the field as the plate umpire in drills and camp games you will only use a mask. Hope this helps. Merry Christmas and good luck. RR
-
exactly. I get all my stuff from the Nike Employee store. Like Christmas!
-
here try here. I believe his site is in transition. Had a different one before and a lot of his stuff is on this site http://officiallyfit.blogspot.com/
-
Again...get the call right. Exactly. Doesn't matter unless who assigns you wants it a certain way. "Just get the call right". Best thing probably ever said on this board. Myself, I wear a jacket if I'm cold and I don't tuck. Wasn't what a lot of us did when in pro ball. But really who cares. Get the call right
-
Good place to go for fitness stuff for officials is Officiallyfit.net. Great site for fitness. Ran by a MiLB umpire who is a personal trainer. Has some good videos on youtube as well. He also does a 6 week challenge for officials with daily workouts. It really is good stuff.
-
"Time. Batter is out." Strike 3 on the swing and the ball is immediately dead. All runners return to base at time of pitch. Same on all rule sets
-
Misread your post. We are on the same page. My mistake
-
In-between innings we are to continue to go to the outfield just as before (pro and NCAA). Not to go to outfield during a change. It has become (for no real good reason) common for umpires to go to the outfield during a pitching change. They clarified it to use that it is not necessary. I believe it is a completely unnecessary mechanic. In MiLB and most NCAA when the manager/coach calls for a change the BU goes to get him. Calling him out. When he goes into the outfield toward the bull pen to get him the umpire stays. Umpires started just going out there during a change. Really there is no reason to and at the meetings this year clarified this. Going on to something earlier discussed. Jog to the outfield between innings. If you make an inning ending call (which someone my come out on) walk (with purpose) towards your position and if someone comes out stop and let them come to you. Nobody notices you going that way between innings except on an inning ending call. Then you look like you are running away from a call. Walk and let him come to you. Hope that helps
-
Yes. Hardwicks. Same as MLB and Honigs.
-
Four weeks? Why? Most conference uniforms come from Honigs. So they end up with a ton of orders come January...I guess. Either way its been a bunch of empty promises. Don't get me wrong there are some good guys working there and I personally know several. But if Ump-attire had conference logos I think people would easily leave for them. I know with equipment...Jim gets my business.
-
Wish my stuff would come in. No gear needed. But entire new shirt, jacket and hat wardrobe. Moving from pro to NCAA. Bunch of shirts, jackets and hats (freaking numbers and embroidery) . More than I expected to drop. With that said been waiting way too long for Honigs to get into gear 4 weeks and counting. If I didn't have to order from them for uni's I certainly wouldn't. I'd do everything with Jim at Ump-attire.
-
Answer is D I believe for NCAA 7.11.h A.R. 2 h. A third strike is not caught, provided a runner occupies first base and there is not more than one out; A.R. 1--If, while attempting to advance to first base, the batter-runner intentionally deflects the ball, the batter-runner is declared out, the ball is dead and all runners return. A.R. 2--If, while attempting to advance to first base, the batter-runner unintentionally deflects the ball, the ball is live and in play. Exception – If there are fewer than two 88 Rule 7 / Batting outs and first base is occupied, the ball is dead and all runners return, unless the runner(s) are stealing on the pitch
-
Say something to your catcher. He can take care of it for you. Ding Ding...We have a winner
-
I guess to each is their own. I believe this really. If guys feel they are better staying put great and more power to them. I just know for me from pro and college experience I have to adjust. Not only because we had to have proper head height but because at times I have to fight to get a view. For me adjusting on each pitch does it. For myself it never caused inconsistency. For me I don't use the catcher except him receiving the ball to gauge for my strikes/balls. Just me
-
Yes. I always try to keep my chin at the TOP of F2's head. "proper head height". Adjust by either changing depth of squat, more or less forward lean or adjusting width of stance. In pro ball we were taught when squeezed get what you can get. So possibly get lower and under the batter's hands.
-
Me too. And for me
-
Amen
- 121 replies
-
The white pockets are made by the same company. However they are a little heavier and nicer. Not by much. Usually tailored to specific MLB umpire. If new the tag will have the MLB umpires last name on them. Was given 4 new pairs 2 years ago. Used 2 and gave 2 away. In hind sight should have put them on ebay.
