First Anniversary for the Road Umpire in Arizona

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2480 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Today is my one-year anniversary since departing my native state of Wisconsin so as to pursue the dream of climbing as high up the the mountain of baseball quality as I can go. Factoring in that I was also working at Huge Rainforest Company full-time, overnight shifts for 9 of the 12 months, I managed to call 384 gamescovering the entire range from 10U Little League thru 12U Academy ball thru 14U-18U Travel and Showcase Ball thru Arizona HS Varsity ball thru Collegiate ball thru MSBL / NABA / Adult -league ball thru to actual, bonafide MiLB Spring Training games.

Many of you here receive my thanks for your support, as do more than a few people outside of this forum; but, none receives my appreciation more so than @KenBAZ.

Now to see where this next year takes me... 

Today is my one-year anniversary since departing my native state of Wisconsin so as to pursue the dream of climbing as high up the the mountain of baseball quality as I can go. Factoring in that I was also working at Huge Rainforest Company full-time, overnight shifts for 9 of the 12 months, I managed to call 384 gamescovering the entire range from 10U Little League thru 12U Academy ball thru 14U-18U Travel and Showcase Ball thru Arizona HS Varsity ball thru Collegiate ball thru MSBL / NABA / Adult -league ball thru to actual, bonafide MiLB Spring Training games.

Many of you here receive my thanks for your support, as do more than a few people outside of this forum; but, none receives my appreciation more so than [mention=2897]KenBAZ[/mention].

Now to see where this next year takes me... 

Only, 384 games in the past year? Not bad considering you spent the first three months whining about how no one was ever going to assign you

We're lucky to have you here and it's been great to add such a good umpire and friend to our community. Just learn to stay on your side of the fence!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JohnnyFever said:

I look forward to joining you in Arizona next week! I'm calling my last game in Seattle tonight.

Ken, thanks again for the info you emailed to me. I've been crazy busy lately but I will start reaching out to assignors this week. 

Jealous. 

Oh wait, I'm moving to LA. 

Nevermind Johnny :D