Where to Find State Adopted Rules

Mr. pl8ump1012, I think you might be expecting a little too much. The individual state associations don't have lists of what rules are adopted. But there is text about each rule that has been adopted. 

As near as I can tell, the state of Illinois has adopted the following:

a run rule (4-2-2)

game ending procedures (4-2-4)

speed up rules--courtesy runners 

pitch count rules (6-1-6)

The IHSA website does not refer to actual rule numbers. It tells us that games are played under NFHS rules and then adds specific rules adopted. 

You also will find a list in the back of the NFHS baseball rules book under the heading of "Rules by State Association Adoption." There are 9 rules listed and at least one other that was inadvertently omitted (rule 6-1-6).

• Like 2

I can put my hands on the IESA version much quicker: https://www.iesa.org/officials/exceptions.asp

For some odd reason, all the links on the IHSA Officials Center seem to be directing to IESA resources.  

IHSA probably wants another $10 to get the state adoptions.  Sorry, did I say that out loud?

Thanks to all those who responded. SenorAzul, your list seems comprehensive (and accurate, just based on what I've "heard" over the years). And The Man in Blue, thanks for pointing out the IESA website. That's certainly a start.

However, I did reach out to IHSA, and they told me the only Illinois State Adopted Baseball Rule is the run rule. The person I reached told me she specifically asked the state director, and that was his response.

:shrug:

3 hours ago, pl8ump1012 said:

Thanks to all those who responded. SenorAzul, your list seems comprehensive (and accurate, just based on what I've "heard" over the years). And The Man in Blue, thanks for pointing out the IESA website. That's certainly a start.

However, I did reach out to IHSA, and they told me the only Illinois State Adopted Baseball Rule is the run rule. The person I reached told me she specifically asked the state director, and that was his response.

:shrug:

LOL … I asked Sam (the state director) also and that was his reply this morning.  No pointing to where that is, just that is what it is.  

So … should you need to cite that, jot it down in the notebook you keep in your trunk, that in an e-mail between two individuals . . .  (Here we go again.). 🤪

14 minutes ago, The Man in Blue said:

LOL … I asked Sam (the state director) also and that was his reply this morning.  No pointing to where that is, just that is what it is.  

So … should you need to cite that, jot it down in the notebook you keep in your trunk, that in an e-mail between two individuals . . .  (Here we go again.). 🤪

What could possibly go wrong?

~Dawg