Need bicep protection

4 hours ago, MadMax said:

Dude. Just… no. 

@mac266 is a college umpire. 

Why don’t you ride in a horse-drawn wagon to games? 

@MadMax,

Sorry, I don't have everyone's resume at hand.  I'm not on here that much.  Just a suggestion.

So a raft is a no go, but it's ok for a college umpire to wear bicep protectors?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, catsbackr said:

So a raft is a no go, but it's ok for a college umpire to wear bicep protectors?

The simple answer is – “Yes, why not?” 
However, we know there a lot of subjective complexities behind the blue curtain. To save my typing energy, and you guys’ attention, I won’t go into them here. 
So, to wit, what we’re endeavoring to do is infuse a bicep guard and supplemental protective padding and plates into @mac266’s existing CP so that at 60 feet, or 90 feet, or watching from the stands (where these “evaluators” love to conduct their proceedings), you’ll likely not notice. 

On 3/17/2024 at 3:57 PM, MadMax said:

Why don’t you ride in a horse-drawn wagon to games? 

Well, I DO live near some Amish folks............ I mean, if you need a ride...I know a guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/18/2024 at 1:03 PM, MadMax said:

However, we know there a lot of subjective complexities behind the blue curtain. To save my typing energy, and you guys’ attention, I won’t go into them here. 
So, to wit, what we’re endeavoring to do is infuse a bicep guard and supplemental protective padding and plates into @mac266’s existing CP so that at 60 feet, or 90 feet, or watching from the stands (where these “evaluators” love to conduct their proceedings), you’ll likely not notice. 

Mad max, If you guys send me a skymatic, I can talk to me designers and upholsters and see if we can do it, (once you guys finish it ofcourse). You guys just tell me how you guys want it done, and I will see what I can do. 

On 3/18/2024 at 1:03 PM, MadMax said:

Mad Max, what is your favorite Chest Protector, and why? I heard you love the WIlson protector but I could be wrong. I heard you like the open cell foam, and how it is one big blob. Okay, kidding aside, maybe I will send you an old Wilson to burn for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm *almost* cleared to return to the diamond, but working bases only.  I will not be behind the dish until next season, at which time I will need the extra protection.  Are we doing this?

2 hours ago, mac266 said:

I will not be behind the dish until next season, at which time I will need the extra protection.  Are we doing this?

I’m working on it! I’ve got to get into a space that I can work and draft some things up… kinda tough to when I’ve got multiple games every day and life on the road (right now). 

Dashboards make terrible desks. 

2 hours ago, MadMax said:

I’m working on it! I’ve got to get into a space that I can work and draft some things up… kinda tough to when I’ve got multiple games every day and life on the road (right now). 

Dashboards make terrible desks. 

I'm more than a bit jealous.  Sitting out sucks.