Looks like someone bought some inventory?

• wwsodeputy changed the title to Looks like someone bought some inventory?

I don't get it personally. I mean why call it something already in existence?  Especially, when so many of us know what a +POS Zro-G is in reality.  That's a Wilson aluminum frame with black TW pads... it's neither a Zro-G or a +POS.  Odd.

The Honig's frame masks are still selling on the Honig's site really cheap (navy and silver models are under $10 new for the frame!), so they must have just bought some frames from them, slapped some pads on them and then labeled it as "NEW".

I'm surprised to see they're selling that well - but I'm glad for them because Pat and the team at Purchase Officials are truly good guys who do a great job!

55 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

The Honig's frame masks are still selling on the Honig's site really cheap (navy and silver models are under $10 new for the frame!), so they must have just bought some frames from them, slapped some pads on them and then labeled it as "NEW".

WOW! I thought that was a mis-type! Honig's masks...$10...navy or silver!

https://honigs.com/products/honigs-pro-line-mask-frame?variant=42621915660538

~Dawg

36 minutes ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

WOW! I thought that was a mis-type! Honig's masks...$10...navy or silver!

https://honigs.com/products/honigs-pro-line-mask-frame?variant=42621915660538

~Dawg

And right now they're an extra 10% off for Prez Day!  I'm not affiliated with them either, but I used the frame for a long time and it's a comfortable and forgiving frame for newer guys especially with those big ears and extra top of the head protection. 

The silver fades fast (don't they always) - but the navy holds very well.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 12:20 PM, wolfe_man said:

but the navy holds very well.

Don’t it, though? We can’t seem to get rid of the damn color. 

… in fairness, navy’s not a bad color. My entire crusade is to purge the compulsory aspect (“it shall be”) from the NFHS Rulebook, and make it marginally optional. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, MadMax said:

Don’t it, though? We can’t seem to get rid of the damn color. 

… in fairness, navy’s not a bad color. My entire crusade is to purge the compulsory aspect (“it shall be”) from the NFHS Rulebook, and make it marginally optional. 

...and I'll sign the form asking them to remove it from the mandate.  

Ohio switched it's logo and I had hoped maybe we'd get rid of navy requirements too - but they threw a curve ball and said they're trying to save umpires money so we can still wear the navy as a help to us. :)

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

Maybe NFHS should POLL all of its umpires...............

As an umpire, I just want the compulsory “shall” removed from the (unnecessary) rule. I don’t tell God how to dress. If the Fed cannot be bothered or burdened to have a NFHS representative at each game, much less an oversight review board, and instead deigns the umpires (specifically the UIC) as “final authority” on such a range of issues as equipment compliance, player safety, weather, lights & playing surface conditions, keeping “everybody in the dugout” (while still allowing any player to be added to the playable roster at any time; my absolute favorite contradiction), etc… but will not allow said umpires to decide what to wear??!! :HS :WTF 
Sure, I’d be happy with leaving it to the states to decide. You just know that half of the states still clinging to navy as the compulsory color are doing so solely because it’s in the Fed Rulebook. Remove that line, and that takes the rug right out from under their stubborn stance. 

• Like 1