Smitty V3 Major League Replica Umpire Shirts

JimKirk

Paint me weird, but I actually think the undershirt should be sky blue. 

And, instead of Wht/Blk/Wht numbers, it should be Sky/Blk/Wht numbers (matching what MLB previously used on jackets). 

Oo! And, instead of a white-on-black logo, it could be a black-on-sky logo? 

image.png.5cf449e8ce05bee67c911f7a4d5bd9b7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2023 at 6:03 PM, MadMax said:

Paint me weird, but I actually think the undershirt should be sky blue. 

And, instead of Wht/Blk/Wht numbers, it should be Sky/Blk/Wht numbers (matching what MLB previously used on jackets). 

Oo! And, instead of a white-on-black logo, it could be a black-on-sky logo? 

image.png.5cf449e8ce05bee67c911f7a4d5bd9b7.png

I swear I've already seen some crews w/ sky undershirts .... just last week IIRC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

OK, going to take back a little of what I said before.  Worked with my son today, and he wanted to wear the new shirts.  I hadn't sent mine back yet (just because I hadn't gotten to UPS), so I tore the package open and we gave them a shot.

On the bases, it was perfectly fine.  The material is thinner than the V2, so I am wondering about durability.  I did like the feel and fit.  

Downside ... I usually buy an XL for the bases and a 2XL for the plate.  That said, in every other shirt I can wear the XL on the plate in a pinch.  The V3?  No way in hell that XL is going over my CP.  The fabric does not have as much stretch and give.  

A joke was made earlier about needing the alligator patch on these ... It is something I would wear on a daily basis for work.  I am contemplating just that.  Not sure about these becoming a "go to" on the field.

• Thanks 1