Thoughts on it for Mothers Day or Breast Cancer Awareness

ArchAngel72
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 582 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

23 minutes ago, 834k3r said:

I'd personally be more apt to go with a multiple cage approach:  pink, powder blue, and silver. Probably easier and cheaper (assuming extra cages are available).

Your mileage, of course, may vary.

Yeah, having Tony powder coat a couple of extra cages would be a lot more cost effective and have greater year-round utility.

12 hours ago, ArchAngel72 said:

Well I honestly was not thinking of buying a new HSM.  I was contemplating what a custom wrap on one might cost .

I didn't mean to &*$% on your post; it's kind of a cool idea. I just don't think it's as cost-effective as anyone thinks; quality vinyl wraps aren't cheap.

13 hours ago, ArchAngel72 said:

Well I honestly was not thinking of buying a new HSM.  I was contemplating what a custom wrap on one might cost .

A custom wrap on an entire HSM gets meticulous and (cost, labor) intensive. 

However, to do a serviceable panel / pattern application similar to that All-Star you've used as an example? Piece of cake. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadMax said:

A custom wrap on an entire HSM gets meticulous and (cost, labor) intensive. 

However, to do a serviceable panel / pattern application similar to that All-Star you've used as an example? Piece of cake. 

this is what I was figuring

not that I even have a HSM.. Yet

But just looking at that style or type of a pattern and looking for folks here's thoughts on it as a "tribute"...

Does it work is it distasteful, etc.

15 minutes ago, ArchAngel72 said:

and looking for folks here's thoughts on it as a "tribute"...

Does it work is it distasteful, etc.

Back when I was 29, I lost a girlfriend to ovarian cancer. It was devastating on multiple levels (primarily to her, her family, and long-time friends pool... I was a recent addition). I don't wish that upon anyone

A simple field of color is in no way distasteful or objectionable. In the grand scheme of things, what does it really matter if we show support for a humane endeavor such as combating cancer?

A quick cursory search on Amazon hauls up many options... all I'd need is some of this vinyl material and an XActo knife: 
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pink+vinyl+adhesive&crid=683UKANKFEPS&sprefix=pink+vinyl+adhesive%2Caps%2C182&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

As far as conducting my own tribute / memorial / awareness, I not only have a Pink umpire shirt, but I also have two of these: 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYzmoQoN-fzDxlwabt-w-

Well, correct that. I have the vertical-stripe version, not this new panel version, but it's a really keen look during October and on Mothers' Day. No, I don't have pink mask pads. Not because I wouldn't use them in conjunction with a black mask and this here black-n-pink shirt, but because the only maker of pink mask pads is Wilson... 

... and we already know my feelings on that. 🤨

• Like 2

Thank you for your story Max and sorry for your loss.

That vinyl is an awesome idea!   Probably by it all over several times just cause well 1st go of it is probably not going to work and maybe the 3rd attempt would do the trick.

Heck I may even try that with my skully this year if I do not have a HSM

• Like 1