Anyone using a 'hat insert' behind the plate?

ErichKeane
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 658 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

12 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

The short bill was the ONLY complaint I have about the skully. But I also use the MAG. So it isn't as big a problem

The short bill is a big safety benefit - especially when using an All-Star FM4000 or 4000Mag given how the bars are closer to ones face.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rock Bottom said:

The short bill is a big safety benefit - especially when using an All-Star FM4000 or 4000Mag given how the bars are closer to ones face.  

Yeah, I presumed as much.  After using it for 3 games now the short bill bothers me less than I thought it would, and I'm 'fixing' it by getting a Visor for my mask + just wearing a hat on the bases.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ErichKeane said:

Yeah, I presumed as much.  After using it for 3 games now the short bill bothers me less than I thought it would, and I'm 'fixing' it by getting a Visor for my mask + just wearing a hat on the bases.

I personally have always worn sunglasses behind the plate, so it never bothered me having the shorter bill, and even when I was using a regular hat, I had to go 4 stitch because I use the FM4000 steel.

• Like 1