Jimurray

LAD-ATL Thursday Acuna path to 1B B6?

Acuna hits a grounder to the infield and is running left of the lane in the grass to 1B where he can be. But he knows his ball went to the infield and can go straight to 1B but is not running in a straight line to 1B, more in the grass and not in the dirt for more purchase, to 1B and has to veer right to touch the bag. I've seen ths at lower levels wher a linebacker batter tries to intimidate F3 but F3 is well  coached and I didn't have to make a call which would be no call at least as I can determine at the Pro level. Just sucks that Acuna was not a little more hurt.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jimurray said:

Acuna hits a grounder to the infield and is running left of the lane in the grass to 1B where he can be. But he knows his ball went to the infield and can go straight to 1B but is not running in a straight line to 1B, more in the grass and not in the dirt for more purchase, to 1B and has to veer right to touch the bag. I've seen ths at lower levels wher a linebacker batter tries to intimidate F3 but F3 is well  coached and I didn't have to make a call which would be no call at least as I can determine at the Pro level. Just sucks that Acuna was not a little more hurt.

@Jimurray ....  I'll have to search for that video, thanks!  My guess is the way he hit the ball and the way he came out of the box took him in that direction?  The other option is possible too albeit, he's not a 'linebacker' ......  he's .... well .......forget it. :D 

5 hours ago, Larry in TN said:

Really?

Yeah, I don't get that either.

I seent it. If he'd been running in the runner's lane, he wouldn't have twisted his ankle. I didn't think he was trying to hurt Muncy though, just bad route.

1 hour ago, udbrky said:

I seent it. If he'd been running in the runner's lane, he wouldn't have twisted his ankle. I didn't think he was trying to hurt Muncy though, just bad route.

I don’t think he was trying to hurt Muncie either. I think he was trying distract Muncie with footsteps coming his way. 

16 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

I'm just glad the Dodgers won because the Braves antics were really pissing me off, ...especially Acuna's antics!! :rolleyes:

I don't hate it at all. Make baseball fun again

Just now, udbrky said:

I don't hate it at all. Make baseball fun again

it's a personal thing of course, I get it, I really do ....   for me, it was just WAY OVER the top ...