Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5615 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

JV High School game today.

Top of second inning 2 outs.

Batter pops up in foul territory towards 1B.

F2 and F3 and closing on the ball.

F3 calls off F2 but they are now very close.

As F3 makes the catch F2 is trying to slide under him.

As he does and I signal the catch for the 3rd out I also see F3 step on F2s right knee.

F2 is on the ground and in pain.

F2s pants are torn from F3 spikes.

After a quick check by the coaches 911 was called for paramedics.

His knee did not look good to me and he was in pain till they took him away.

They arrive 15 minutes later and he finally departs the field.

Games resumes.

HTHC throws in the towel when they go down 14 - 0 in top of 5th.

The replacement F2 sucked.

Hope the kid is alright he was a solid F2

Replacement F2 sucked.

  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

JV High School game today.

Top of second inning 2 outs.

Batter pops up in foul territory towards 1B.

F2 and F3 and closing on the ball.

F3 calls off F2 but they are now very close.

As F3 makes the catch F2 is trying to slide under him.

As he does and I signal the catch for the 3rd out I also see F3 step on F2s right knee.

F2 is on the ground and in pain.

F2s pants are torn from F3 spikes.

After a quick check by the coaches 911 was called for paramedics.

His knee did not look good to me and he was in pain till they took him away.

They arrive 15 minutes later and he finally departs the field.

Games resumes.

HTHC throws in the towel when they go down 14 - 0 in top of 5th.

The replacement F2 sucked.

Hope the kid is alright he was a solid F2

Replacement F2 sucked.

How did the replacement F2 do?

tongue.gif

Posted

JV High School game today.

Top of second inning 2 outs.

Batter pops up in foul territory towards 1B.

F2 and F3 and closing on the ball.

F3 calls off F2 but they are now very close.

As F3 makes the catch F2 is trying to slide under him.

As he does and I signal the catch for the 3rd out I also see F3 step on F2s right knee.

F2 is on the ground and in pain.

F2s pants are torn from F3 spikes.

After a quick check by the coaches 911 was called for paramedics.

His knee did not look good to me and he was in pain till they took him away.

They arrive 15 minutes later and he finally departs the field.

Games resumes.

HTHC throws in the towel when they go down 14 - 0 in top of 5th.

The replacement F2 sucked.

Hope the kid is alright he was a solid F2

Replacement F2 sucked.

How did the replacement F2 do?

tongue.gif

He sucked and I was hoping I didn't need the paramedics that took 20 minutes to respond.

Posted

You always hate to see a kid go down. You REALLY hate to see your catcher go down. I was PU on a varsity game yesterday and the pitcher was a 6'8" flamethrower. The F2 has been having elbow problems and during the second inning he tells me he probably won't be back out. I asked him if his backup was any good. I told him he bettter be or I was coming in the dugout after him. Starting F2 I have known since he caught 9/10 LL.

Posted

In one game I had 2 guys go to the hospital in separate events.

First, F9 going strong for a foul ball slides feet first makes the catch and his legs hit the bottom of the fence and slide under. Where things went screwy is when the fielder tried to get his leg out from under and the bottom it really cut into his leg.

Not too long after that a player left the back of the dugout and walked into another player taking warm up swings behind the dugout apparently right to the face.

Luckily the hospital was just around the corner.

Posted

1st inning of a varsity game yesterday, batter hits one off F1's knee. It was hit so hard, the ball was caught by F3 on the outfield grass.

F1 went down and lay face down for 2 - 3 minutes, no movement. The coaches were standing over him. Finally they flip him on his back for another 5 minutes and send for the trainer. By the time the trainer gets there the kid is standing and the coach says "finish the inning, the trainer can look at in the dugout." My partner says let her look at it now. She gave it a cursory look. The kid threw 5 pitches and we got back to the game.

F1 threw 6 innings of 6 hit baseball and won the game.

Posted

As F3 makes the catch F2 is trying to slide under him.

As he does and I signal the catch for the 3rd out I also see F3 step on F2s right knee.

You signaled an obvious catch? :jerkit: and before the playing action had stopped?:agasp_:

:stir ;)

Posted

This Thursday night my granddaughter slid into home and caught her spikes on the edge of home plate. Broke her ankle in 2 places,left in the ambulance. Friday morning surgery with pins and plate on one side and tight sutures on the other. Brought her home 3 hours ago.

Posted

This Thursday night my granddaughter slid into home and caught her spikes on the edge of home plate. Broke her ankle in 2 places,left in the ambulance. Friday morning surgery with pins and plate on one side and tight sutures on the other. Brought her home 3 hours ago.

Ouch..

Here's wishing her a speedy recovery ------------ Since this is your granddaughter its root beer.

Posted

No, Warren----- it's Cheerwine. ( A southern thing for you Yankees.)

YUM! Anytime I get the chance, I get a Cheerwine. Usually with Cow Tales, too.

Posted

No, Warren----- it's Cheerwine. ( A southern thing for you Yankees.)

My boss is from N C and my running joke is that Cheerwine is the nastiest thing ever put in your mouth. My son spent the week-end working at a festival handing out free samples.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I was BU today in my first game (my second starts in about 2.5 hours)... With Runners on 1st and 2nd and one out, the Batter hit the ball to the pitcher, who came down to field it. The ball took a really weird hop and came up to smack him right in the nose, next to his left eye... The coach took him out and they kept some ice on it. He lasted 2 innings in the dugout before the player's mom decided the swelling was too much and not going down so she took him to the clinic...

Ended up being a weird play too... The coach ran on the field while the play was still going, and the players became super confused. R1 got out at second, BR ended up at 1st and R2 stopped at 3rd... After a conversation with the League President and my partner, we decided to call it dead ball when the coach ran on the field, award one base to every player, and take away the out, which made the bases loaded with one out.

Posted

Many years ago when I was a player the head first Pete Rose style slide was the cool thing. I was F2 runner rounds third on a close play at the plate. Runner goes head first slide to the dish I have ball in glove go for the tag. The ball was in the pocket of the glove due to a bad catch so it was not well padded and the tag landed on the runners neck. Best guess is that the ball hit him solid and since the pocket had little padding hit hard. Broke the runners neck and he has been a paralysed from the waste down since that LL game.


×
×
  • Create New...