Umpire Interference

Guest KTP
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2169 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Just happened last night. A hitter hits a ball to the gap between 3rd and Short.  My 3rd baseman makes a great snag and turns to throw.  Ump is standing in the throw line.  My player throws it over his head which puts it over my first baseman's head.  Anyone know if there is a rule on this?

6 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, noumpere said:

Yes, there is a rule.

Just in case you want to know the ruling:  Play on.  It's NOT umpire interference

What if my player turns, fires the ball, and hits the ump?

1 hour ago, Guest KTP said:

What if my player turns, fires the ball, and hits the ump?

Depends if he did it on purpose or not to whether he and his coach get to retire to the parking lot, and miss some other part of the season.

It happens...sometimes you just need to adjust.     Most (not all) of the time a quick shuffle to the left solves the problem.

The number of times this type of thing happens will be offset by the number of times you get a fortuitous bounce off an umpire in your favor.  

How many times has your pitcher thrown a wild pitch that hit the umpire's leg preventing their base runner on third from scoring?

It happens, it's bad/good luck - and it all evens out.

• Like 2