Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3502 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I do not like that the thread was closed. The action strikes me as overreach.

The community was addressing the breach of protocol through its support of @GreyhoundAggie and its chiding of others.

My .02 YMMV.

Posted

I dunno. Seemed like a thread hijack to me. Threads that turn to drama deserve closing. I recognize that my view of the purpose of the forum might be a minority one.

  • Like 2
Posted
1 hour ago, Kevin_K said:

I do not like that the thread was closed. The action strikes me as overreach.

The community was addressing the breach of protocol through its support of @GreyhoundAggie and its chiding of others.

My .02 YMMV.

It was shut down because there were sufficient answers to the original questions asked, some members breached protocol (as you would say) by posting negative comments about GreyhoundAggie, and then others members breached protocol by posting negative comments about those who were posting negative comments about GreyhoundAggie.

Basically I shut it down before the hijacking/drama (as Maven would say) SH*#storm (as I would say) erupted, people get butt hurt and we end up losing members of the community.

  • Like 2
Posted

@Jimurray  apology accepted. One man's chiding is another's abuse. We are all on the same team here. Others in baseball don't care much for us,we can't tear each other down in the place we should all come to for support and clarification. Thanks for understanding. 

  • Like 1
Posted

@Jimurray I appreciate the apology and clarification of the previous thread.

Im thick skinned and don't take offense easily. I'm just here to talk baseball and to get better as an umpire. I still make mistakes and I just want to learn from them so I don't repeat them.

Thanks to everyone for their support. I really enjoy this community and the many years of baseball experience and rules knowledge available here. I have learned a lot since I've started coming here.

Now back to baseball!

  • Like 2
×
×
  • Create New...