Need new plate shoes

HuskerUmp22
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2629 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Nvm, just saw a great thread on the second page. Force 3 shin guards coming up in the same order (you seem to get all my money @JimKirk) and the lows are getting a lot of great reviews. Finishing up year 2 of an equipment retool with the new shoes and shin guards. Still not sold on my west vest gold from last year. Can't seem to get a comfortable fit. 

• Like 1

I have the low top v3, and after one game wish I had bought the mids. I've been wearing the 450's since the came out, didn't care for the Reeboks or 460s, and occasionally sport the old +POS low tops.

I'll live with the v3 until something better comes along. They're okay, but not great.

These are still the best looking plate shoes to date, IMO. If they weren't so damn heavy (honest to God, how did we ever get down the line in those trucks?) I'd still be wearing them on every dish.

pos shoes.gif

On 2/13/2017 at 3:02 PM, midtnump said:

@Thunderheads and @JimKirk Since an umpire's biggest supporter is Smitty and Jim you definitely have the connection and the ear of Smitty, how about seeing if they would be interested in having an umpire shoe designed and made? As a company they own the lions share percentage of the officals uniform market. I think it would be a darn good fit and excellent marketing move. I imagine that the baseball and basketball officials market could be well worth the effort. 

Would love to see Force 3 consider shoes for an umpire.

Doing the R&D, and making all those sizes and widths, for such a small market, wouldn't make much $en$e, from a business perspective. I'm just glad we have one.

Now if Under Amour decides to redo the umpire gear when they take over the MLB, maybe we have a chance.