Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3524 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is anyone else having problems with the search feature recently? I'm getting no results for anything, even things as simple as U1 or HSM. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys. 

Posted

Best advice for searching:

From Google, type "site:umpire-empire.com searchterm" Ta-da!

Posted
47 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

I just got this when I typed "hockey style mask"

http://umpire-empire.com/index.php?/search/

It may be one of those things where the search criteria you're looking for is TOO broad, and it picks up too many things?  @Umpire in Chief ....  any suggestions?

Weird. "Seattle" and "force 3" came up, but "mvp" didn't. 

Posted

The search feature is an extreme shortcoming of this forum software. They are taking baby steps to improve it, but not a lot. 

I just did a search for "hockey style mask" I got relevant responses, but not as many as I thought.

Now also note that a search with the software must have a minimum of 4 characters. so U1 or HSM will not yield any results. 

11 hours ago, kylehutson said:

Best advice for searching:

From Google, type "site:umpire-empire.com searchterm" Ta-da!

This is by far and away the best way. to search. 

I did have a google option in the search dropdown, but it became incompatible after one of the updates. I will check on a new version of that.

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I've reinstalled the Google Search feature back into the site. It appears all of the bugs are fixed other than the results seem to be duplicated on the results page.

Click on the search, then open the drop down and select Google.

I hope this works for you.

Google Search.JPG

  • Like 2
×
×
  • Create New...