Anyone use Officially Fit?

BT_Blue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2722 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Wondering if anyone has used the Officially Fit work out program? In particular, the 30 minute Theraband Trench routine?

I do not have easy access to a gym right now. But I want to work on getting into a shape that doesn't involve the phrase "round is a shape." The Theraband routine sounds like a good one since I can use it both at home and on long breaks on the road OE I get back to work.

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Wondering if anyone has used the Officially Fit work out program? In particular, the 30 minute Theraband Trench routine?

I do not have easy access to a gym right now. But I want to work on getting into a shape that doesn't involve the phrase "round is a shape." The Theraband routine sounds like a good one since I can use it both at home and on long breaks on the road OE I get back to work.

Thanks in advance.

I've tried using it and it just seems really confusing to me. I'm unable to get the workouts to change and the scheduler is really clunky to use

10 hours ago, JSam21 said:

I've tried using it and it just seems really confusing to me. I'm unable to get the workouts to change and the scheduler is really clunky to use

It does seem to have sone of those issues. Also the fact that I have to go through the quick start every time is a bit of a pain. Hopefully once I get the baseline workout stuff in will be better. 

Also, I am not sure why they do not have an app?

13 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

It does seem to have sone of those issues. Also the fact that I have to go through the quick start every time is a bit of a pain. Hopefully once I get the baseline workout stuff in will be better. 

Also, I am not sure why they do not have an app?

The other thing when I state that I can work out 2-3 times a week and then they only give me work outs that are 5-6 times a week... That really bothers me because I won't even bother to start it.

I know a couple people who've gotten decent results with Mark Lauren's Bodyweight Training. https://www.marklauren.com/

I have his book and the app, but I haven't used them as I started Tae Kwon Do at the same time. TKD is more than enough for this old man. The app looks pretty good. 

But it is not an easy work out. I'd suggest starting easy, 2-3x per week and walking every day. Also, spend some time and evaluate your eating habits. Finally, if you are looking to lose some weight, drink a glass of water before any big meal. Also, little things make a difference. Take the stairs whenever possible, park farther away from the door, walk/bike instead of driving, etc. I live in the city, so I have many amenities within 2 miles of my house, so if we need milk, I'll take a walk to the grocery store, it's 2 miles round trip. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JSam21 said:

The other thing when I state that I can work out 2-3 times a week and then they only give me work outs that are 5-6 times a week... That really bothers me because I won't even bother to start it.

Yeh. It did that to me as well. Though the two it recommended for me at home (theraband and medicine ball) are both 2 to 3 days a week.

1 hour ago, Mister B said:

I know a couple people who've gotten decent results with Mark Lauren's Bodyweight Training. https://www.marklauren.com/

I have his book and the app, but I haven't used them as I started Tae Kwon Do at the same time. TKD is more than enough for this old man. The app looks pretty good. 

But it is not an easy work out. I'd suggest starting easy, 2-3x per week and walking every day. Also, spend some time and evaluate your eating habits. Finally, if you are looking to lose some weight, drink a glass of water before any big meal. Also, little things make a difference. Take the stairs whenever possible, park farther away from the door, walk/bike instead of driving, etc. I live in the city, so I have many amenities within 2 miles of my house, so if we need milk, I'll take a walk to the grocery store, it's 2 miles round trip. 

I don't have that luxury at this point in time. Though there are places near by. We are a bit out of the way and it is a couple miles to anywhere worth shopping.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mister B said:

Check out the bodyweight app. You don't need a gym or special equipment. You can work at your own pace. 

I like that idea. Is that the name of the actual app?

I have been using theraband for my work rehab from my injury last August (4 feet is a long way to fall when nothing is there to stop you but the ground.) I like the resistance it provides. But not to much resistance. 

Mark Lauren's Bodyweight Training. If anything you'll learn some new ways to workout, it's great on the road as well. I think it's $5. Much cheaper than a gym membership. 

But, like I said, start slow, this guy was the trainer for our Special Forces troops, and these workouts work the whole body. 

• Like 1