Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3524 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

 

Next time I start to feel like age is slowing me down, I'll take heart in the fact that I can still run down a turtle if it's interrupting a game. 

 

  • Like 2
Posted
23 hours ago, Sut'n Blue said:

 

Next time I start to feel like age is slowing me down, I'll take heart in the fact that I can still run down a turtle if it's interrupting a game. 

 

It wasn't running him down that was the problem. But trying to move a 3+ foot long turtle while he's digging his claws into the ground and snapping his jaw left and right proved to be a little time consuming. :)

  • 6 months later...
Posted

Our big ole snapping turtle just barely delayed our game! A coach ran out, grabbed by the tail, and took it to the fence. He let him go on the other side, and we played ball!

Posted
On 7/25/2016 at 7:12 PM, Richvee said:

I've had deer, bears, turtles, helicopters delay games..never a skunk.

Saw a game delayed by a drone last summer.  Some drunk guy camping nearby decided to hover his drone over center field.

Once had an osprey drop a five pound trout right in the middle of the infield.

 

Bears are always fun...as long as there's one fat coach nearby you're safe.

 

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...