Are you serious coach

Tksjewelry
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2953 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

So I had a double header tonight of 13uAAAs. Second game I had the plate and for 13, these guys were throwing some heat. Nothing I haven't seen but my idiot self left my steel toed shoes at home. Bottom of the sixth I took a foul ball right to my big toe. Yup, broken. I took a few minutes for the stabbing pain to subside and we continued the game. Two batters later the timer went off. Away coach starts throwing a fit that he wants three more minutes because my injury time. I finished the game with a broken toe and this jack wagon wants three more minutes because he's losing by 6 runs. That was a solid NO. I could hear him b*thing all the way out the gate. The home team coach was just astonished at the other coach and offered to get the golf cart to take me to my car. Well, I'm off the plate for a few weeks but hopefully I can still field, we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Edited by Majordave
Correct spelling: losing not loosing. I'm a spelling nazi. Sorry.

24 minutes ago, Tksjewelry said:

So I had a double header tonight of 13uAAAs. Second game I had the plate and for 13, these guys were throwing some heat. Nothing I haven't seen but my idiot self left my steel toed shoes at home. Bottom of the sixth I took a foul ball right to my big toe. Yup, broken. I took a few minutes for the stabbing pain to subside and we continued the game. Two batters later the timer went off. Away coach starts throwing a fit that he wants three more minutes because my injury time. I finished the game with a broken toe and this jack wagon wants three more minutes because he's loosing by 6 runs. That was a solid NO. I could hear him b*thing all the way out the gate. The home team coach was just astonished at the other coach and offered to get the golf cart to take me to my car. Well, I'm off the plate for a few weeks but hopefully I can still field, we'll see.

I'm confused. But I'm sorry for your broken toe also. Were you wearing another pair of plate shoes that had composite toe protection?  Or  base shoes. You already called yourself an idiot so no further comment is needed. Except if you want to hear about when I hung my mask on a dugout pole to free my hands pregame. Or when I took my shinguard off postgame. That's right. I only had to take one off. 

• Like 2

I'm confused. But I'm sorry for your broken toe also. Were you wearing another pair of plate shoes that had composite toe protection?  Or  base shoes. You already called yourself an idiot so no further comment is needed. Except if you want to hear about when I hung my mask on a dugout pole to free my hands pregame. Or when I took my shinguard off postgame. That's right. I only had to take one off. 

I don't have plate shoes, they don't make them in my size, I just wear steel toes shoes which I polished up all nice today and then promptly left them at home.

Lol, one shin guard!?

Did you actually take the plate without your mask?

3 minutes ago, Tksjewelry said:

I don't have plate shoes, they don't make them in my size, I just wear steel toes shoes which I polished up all nice today and then promptly left them at home.

Lol, one shin guard!?

Did you actually take the plate without your mask?

It's why my mask never is not under my left armpit. The pitcher noticed and said hey blue. Early in my distinguished career. But the shinguard was later in my distinguished career.

I've worked two games without shinguards. One in my first season, over 10 years ago, a middle school game. Didn't pay for that mistake.  Thank God. Second was two seasons ago. An NAIA game that went 11 innings. Again, not made to pay for my forgetfulness. I was extra fast getting down the lines those games. Didn't wonder why until after games when taking my gear off. WTH!  Just lucky I guess. 

• Like 2

I've worked two games without shinguards. One in my first season, over 10 years ago, a middle school game. Didn't pay for that mistake.  Thank God. Second was two seasons ago. An NAIA game that went 11 innings. Again, not made to pay for my forgetfulness. I was extra fast getting down the lines those games. Didn't wonder why until after games when taking my gear off. WTH!  Just lucky I guess. 

Schnikies, that NAIA one was pure luck!

I'm going to try to do the bases for a Catholic league 14u tomorrow. It's wreck ball and it's a partner I trust to cover my rear if I get too hobbled. I figure I'll tape it up good and see how it goes. I've got a big tournament (12 games) this weekend that I shouldnt miss but I'll be on bases for most of it and they are little 12u fields. UIC wanted to pull me but I said wait to see how wreck ball goes first.

21 hours ago, Tksjewelry said:

So I had a double header tonight of 13uAAAs. Second game I had the plate and for 13, these guys were throwing some heat. Nothing I haven't seen but my idiot self left my steel toed shoes at home. Bottom of the sixth I took a foul ball right to my big toe. Yup, broken. I took a few minutes for the stabbing pain to subside and we continued the game. Two batters later the timer went off. Away coach starts throwing a fit that he wants three more minutes because my injury time. I finished the game with a broken toe and this jack wagon wants three more minutes because he's losing by 6 runs. That was a solid NO. I could hear him b*thing all the way out the gate. The home team coach was just astonished at the other coach and offered to get the golf cart to take me to my car. Well, I'm off the plate for a few weeks but hopefully I can still field, we'll see.

While I don't agree with the fit, I agree with his argument.

Under rule we should have left the field the moment of injury and called the game since it was regular season (so it counts for nothing other than practice for tourneys), we were more that 3 1/2 innings in with the home team in the lead and at bat. If you want to get technical, he was wrong on all fronts, plus being a SH*#ty human being.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Matt said:

I don't in the slightest...unless the local rules explicitly call for such a thing, this is a ridiculous and petty whine, unworthy of serious contemplation. These things happen. Play better next time.

9 hours ago, Tksjewelry said:

Under rule we should have left the field the moment of injury and called the game since it was regular season (so it counts for nothing other than practice for tourneys), we were more that 3 1/2 innings in with the home team in the lead and at bat. If you want to get technical, he was wrong on all fronts, plus being a SH*#ty human being.

I think you may want to adjust your attitude. It seems that you are being excessively personally judgmental and that chip on your shoulder is hard to hide.

I think you may want to adjust your attitude. It seems that you are being excessively personally judgmental and that chip on your shoulder is hard to hide.

What exactly is the point of trolling this thread?

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm not trolling. Do you have an issue with hearing things you don't want to hear, or do you want to learn?

Did you not learn that the game was complete (even with the clock) and she toughed it out - most likely so the kids could keep playing ball?  At that point, game clock = irrelevant.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MObetterBlue said:

Did you not learn that the game was complete (even with the clock) and she toughed it out - most likely so the kids could keep playing ball?  At that point, game clock = irrelevant.

That has nothing to do with what I said (keep in mind she added that later.)

Which brings up two things...if it's a six-inning game, why is that half-inning being played? If it's seven, the game would not have been over if the inning had been completed before the time limit.

@Matt I think you're the only one who's seeing that chip on her shoulder. Sounds like time had expired and the game was correctly ended. Unless you think adding stoppage time for the injury, and then forcing the plate umpire to officiate another full inning with a broken toe should have been the correct course of action. In that case, feel free to do that when it happens to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, PonyUmpire said:

@Matt I think you're the only one who's seeing that chip on her shoulder. Sounds like time had expired and the game was correctly ended. Unless you think adding stoppage time for the injury, and then forcing the plate umpire to officiate another full inning with a broken toe should have been the correct course of action. In that case, feel free to do that when it happens to you.

Given her choice of words about the coach, I'm seeing that chip. It's a matter of letting it go. Referring to him as she did is indicative of a confrontational attitude that I would worry is being carried forward.

And the game hadn't ended, and I've given my reasoning on that (or it had, and there was no reason to even be in that half-inning.) The broken toe is irrelevant.

Given her choice of words about the coach, I'm seeing that chip. It's a matter of letting it go. Referring to him as she did is indicative of a confrontational attitude that I would worry is being carried forward.

And the game hadn't ended, and I've given my reasoning on that (or it had, and there was no reason to even be in that half-inning.) The broken toe is irrelevant.

You're reasoning is wrong. It was the bottom of the sixth, the home team was winning, and time expired. I'm not sure where the conceptual hurdle is here.

What issue do you have with her opinions on the coach? It sounds like the coach was being a douche-nozzle. B*tching about not getting extra minutes because the umpire broke her toe, in *preseason* game, when you're losing by 6 runs. That's putting the "rat" in "rat".

From the other posts I've read from the OP, she manages the game well and doesn't go looking for confrontation, as you seem to be worried about.

Still can't figure out if you're trolling or not..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scrounge said:

Again, unless there's some unstated injury time rider in the local rules, the game indeed had ended. Time's up, them's the breaks. Score more runs earlier next time.

That's my point, as I have stated before. If there is a time limit, there needs to be allowances for something like this. 

Put yourself in his shoes (pre-fit.) If that injury (that was not the fault of any participant) hadn't happened, he would have gotten the next inning in. He has a legitimate complaint.

Just now, Matt said:

That's my point, as I have stated before. If there is a time limit, there needs to be allowances for something like this. 

Put yourself in his shoes (pre-fit.) If that injury (that was not the fault of any participant) hadn't happened, he would have gotten the next inning in. He has a legitimate complaint.

I would recommend that as an excellent topic for the coach to address with the local rules committee. He may have a legit complaint with someone. @Tksjewelry is not that person.

• LMSANS locked this topic
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2953 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.