Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4164 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone else noticed this with Arbiter?  I've started doing some games for a new assigner this season, who added me to his Arbiter account a month or so ago.  I've had today completely blocked since Christmas (Xmas present of theater tickets from my girlfriend), but about an hour ago I get a note that I've been assigned to one of his games at 5:30 tonight.  As best I can tell, since he added me to his Arbiter account AFTER I had already created the block, that block wasn't showing up on his calendar.  And I had to decline the game, which of course annoyed him since we already had the "make sure all of your blocks are up to date" conversation.

Is this an Arbiter bug?  Or am I doing something wrong?  I usually get all of my games from one assigner.  This is the first season I've had multiple.

Posted

I may be mistaken, but, I believe that assigners/administrators can over-ride blocks while assigning games.  But, I follow the school that if a date is blocked, it's blocked.  I don't know...I could be wrong.  

Assigners - Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

I may be mistaken, but, I believe that assigners/administrators can over-ride blocks while assigning games.  But, I follow the school that if a date is blocked, it's blocked.  I don't know...I could be wrong.  

Assigners - Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Thanks!

​YOU ARE CORRECT .........  assignors can override blocks to make sure you're blocked .......

 

ALSO THOUGH .............you have to go into your settings and make sure that BOTH assignors are privy to your schedule

Edited by Thunderheads
Posted

If you set a block, and then accept another assigner's Arbiter at a later date, it will not add that assigner to the existing blocks.  You have to go in and manually add that assigner to the blocks that are in the system.  It would be helpful for Arbiter to ask you when you accept a new assigner to add them to all existing blocks, but this functionality is not there to my knowledge.

  • Like 1
Posted

They can over ride blocks had same issue I knew I block that day as it was opening day turkey season for me

Posted

If you set a block, and then accept another assigner's Arbiter at a later date, it will not add that assigner to the existing blocks.  You have to go in and manually add that assigner to the blocks that are in the system.  It would be helpful for Arbiter to ask you when you accept a new assigner to add them to all existing blocks, but this functionality is not there to my knowledge.

That's exactly what I think happened.  I blocked this date back in January, accepted the new assigner in March, and the existing block wasn't added to his calendar.  All fixed now, but a bit of a PITA.

Posted

There is a way to set a hard block that no assigner can unblock ...I will try to remember how it is done

​You click on the "Firm" box on the block.  

If you set a block, and then accept another assigner's Arbiter at a later date, it will not add that assigner to the existing blocks.  You have to go in and manually add that assigner to the blocks that are in the system.  It would be helpful for Arbiter to ask you when you accept a new assigner to add them to all existing blocks, but this functionality is not there to my knowledge.

​This is true. 

Posted

There is also a timing issue with blocks. Assigners can assign games but not publish them out. If you block the dateafter the assigner has assigned the games but not published, it will still publish to you since the assignment happened before the block.

×
×
  • Create New...