Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4535 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

What is the difference between these 2 Dyna-lites? Is one older than the other?

       homerun-wilson-catchers-equipment-a3008-                                                                                        homerun-wilson-umpire-equipment-a3017-dy

Posted

The chin guard and the ear guards have been reworked. Instead of being a curve, the bottom of the chin guard has more pronounced angles to it. Also, the pads are 3-point anchored, whereas the previous one was 5-point.

 

Everybody's on this conservation kick, huh?

 

I'm with Prince, the rounded look is just more... pleasing.

Posted

Old picture of the WTA3017, old Wilson logo and both top and bottom pads have 5 hook and loop attachments now.  Aside from some cosmetic design differences in the frame, the pads were what differentiated these masks.  The WTA3008 pads have/had a P/U leather like appearance while the WTA3017 has the P/U leather like exterior and a mesh type synthetic interior.  If memory serves, the profiles were pretty much the same.  

  • Like 2
Posted

I'm going off memory here, but I think the 3017 pic is a version from about 2000. I used the prior version (I got it in 1999, when it was in the WV line) and they added the single reinforcing bar to the ears a season or two later.

Posted

Do you want the exact specs (weight, length, depth)?

not necessarily, ...I was just curious as I wasn't sure what the difference was.  I assumed it was an older model, but .....

Posted

I have both and as you can see the 3 point pads hook up to the older version. From a visual point looking through the mask to the pitcher, there is no difference. I also notice no difference in weight although there may actually be some. I don't know the specs. I have no preference on outward appearance.
×
×
  • Create New...