Make Me an Offer!!! MLB Hardwick Plate Slacks 35R

twood71
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3782 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I'm glad they went to a good home, Joe.

In the end, that package of gear I got last month netted me $150, I got to donate one pair of pants, a set of shin guards, and three shirts to the local LL closet, and got a Gold and Davis shin guards out of it. Not bad.

Here's the Hardwick's question: If, as Ump Attire said, they've gone out of business, where are our next drawers coming from. I won't wear the Davis pants, or anything with a Smitty name on it. Now what?

FWIW, Hardwick Clothes has filed for bankruptcy but is still operating.

"America's oldest privately held clothing manufacturer has filed for bankruptcy after a federal pension protection agency ordered the company to replenish its underfunded retirement plan."

Full Story: http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/dec/04/hardwick-clothes-files-for-bankruptcypbgc-orders/

Yeah I sold them... Hardwick is just restructuring there debt. I don't think they make Ump Attires Poly Wools.

I believe they did. I remember whole threads about them and how simular they are to the Honigs pants. I also remember hearing (mpst likely on this board) that Honigs and Hardwicks sogned an exclusivity deal regarding the manufacture and sale of their polywool umpire pants.

The manufacture of Ump-Attires Poly Wools went out of business. (which is also stated in the article about Honigs helping them. see...   http://umpattire.blogspot.com/2013/11/competitor-honigs-helps-us-out-in-pickle.html   ) Hardwick Manufactures only for Honigs and the MLB pants. 

Sorry to hear that.  I was the $60.00 bid so you must have been the $61.00 bid.  Definitely much less than he was probably expecting to get for those which is probably why you have yet to get your hands on them.

• Like 1