Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4886 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I did a search, but couldn't find this topic discussed.  As weekend tournament season gets in fuller swing, I need a better way to hang my various shirts and pants in my back seat.  Saw a guy with a slick bar across his back seat, and afterwards thought he must be the most brilliant umpire who ever worked a game.  I'll want to hang stuff in the back of my truck behind the driver's seat (view open for rearview mirror and passenger blind spot), but bar across the back would still work (can just not hang anything past the mid-point).  Looking online, I've seen some that (1) hang from the two posts of the headrest, (2) a bar across the back that attaches to the hand holds above the rear windows, (3) a bar across the back that attaches to the clothes hooks above the rear windows, (4) a horizontal bar that runs parallel to the rear passenger window and hangs above the window either attaching to the hook or the hand hold.

 

Don't want anything that rattles, is reasonably secure, and that most importantly doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  Anybody have any suggestions??  What have you used that you liked and would recommend??  Thanks for any reply.

  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Been using a bar for years. Bought it at an auto parts store.

Posted

I use a 3/4 inch pvc tube cut to the correct length.  It passes through a hand hold on either side.  To keep the hangers on one size (driver side), I use a clamp of some sort, purchased from Lowes (see example, upper middle of image at http://sell.lulusoso.com/selling-leads/259992/Pipe-mounting-brackets-pipe-clamp-bracket-pipe-support-brackets.html),  The tube does not slide back and forth because it just fits in the hand holds, and is squeezed between the hand holds and ceiling.

 

My only complaint is the pvc tube bends a bit under the weight of the stuff.

 

Otherwise, very inexpensive.

Posted

Walmart sells what I use. It runs from the two hand things in the back. Fully adjustable and never rattles. Also has rubber on it so that the clothes hangers dont slide. Add a hat holder to it and youve got yourself a back seat closet. Im pretty sure it was less then 10 bucks too. 

Posted

I will echo csabo17's comment. I bought mine at Walmart $10.17. Good rubber grip on the ends, the hangars don't fly all over the place and it keeps your clothes in good condition. The bar they sell is adjustable. You should find it in the Auto Parts section.

Posted

Thanks to all.  Picked up the Bell Expandable Clothes Bar at Walmart this morning for less than $10.  Has the rubber spacers and covering over the bar so hangers don't slide and won't slide past the back seat.  Fits my Ford F-150.  I don't have the fold down hand holds, but the ends fit securely over the large plastic hooks above both of the rear passenger doors.  Sits forward far enough forward that someone sitting in the back won't clonk their head, but far enough back that the clothes hang freely.

 

Exactly what I wanted and needed.  Thanks for all your in put.  Ten well spent bucks.

Posted

Keep on preaching the Bell expandable clothes bar gospel to the umpiring world.  Also try to get bags to cover your uniforms so the color doesn't fade do to the sun exposure.

Posted

I have the Walmart rig as well. Expandable and never makes a noise.  I have an SUV so I do have a Honigs garment bag which I cover all my clothes with so that sun fading does not occur.


×
×
  • Create New...