Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5167 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Why does it seem to me a lot of the MLB umpires are taking these tags at home while moving? Do I do this and just not know it?? I always try to be set, but I wonder if human instinct has us moving, as I'm seeing that a lot right now.

Posted

Why does it seem to me a lot of the MLB umpires are taking these tags at home while moving? Do I do this and just not know it?? I always try to be set, but I wonder if human instinct has us moving, as I'm seeing that a lot right now.

Great question Trey, .... I noticed that myself. A nice way to start this thread! :D

Posted

Ideally we need to be set, and in many cases you will see us saying things like they can get away with it because they are in the MLB.

In this case I think Wegner was forced to move in reading the play and had he not moved into better position he wouldn't have seen the tag. You can catch a glimpse of him working his way fair from 3BLX and adjusting to the play.

You just have to adjust and sometimes that means not being in an ideal situation if that means moving on the call, worse angle/distance, etc.


×
×
  • Create New...