Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5881 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, ..posting in free-for-all because it seems this is where we are posting LLWS stuff ;)

...saw this live, but ...found a "highlight" clip on you tube of this game.

At about the :12 mark, watch the ensuing play at the plate .....

Catcher can't block the plate without the ball, right? Even though F2 drops the ball ....wouldn't this be close (if he was out) to an obs??

If you can stop it at :17 you can see the ball above F2's helmet, and his leg protruding in the baseline......

Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxCWV5v7rTk

Edited by Thunderheads
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Looks to much like a bang bang play to me.

I would not call that obstruction, just baseball.

Posted

Looks to much like a bang bang play to me.

I would not call that obstruction, just baseball.

TOTALLY understood, ...and I would not have probably called OBS on that myself, ...that's why I said "could it be close" to obs in this sitch, granted, ...we have the opp to see it in super slo-mo, but wait......THEN AGAIN....so do they

;)

Posted

I thought it was obstruction when watching it live. I thought it would have been interesting if they other team had challenged.

Posted

I thought it was obstruction when watching it live. I thought it would have been interesting if they other team had challenged.

Just wondering?

1. can you challenge obstruction (I don't think so)

2. why would they challenge even if they could? they scored the run, you can't give them anything better than that (award a extra run as a penalty?).

IMO, I have no obs

Posted

OBS is one of the hardest judgment calls for a umpire to make, it all happens fast and too many umpires think of Big league baseball. IMO I thought it was OBS and a easy call to make even though the runner was safe.


×
×
  • Create New...