Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5904 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Coach pitch tournament boys 7-8 and all I have to do is call safes and outs from the field. During the 1st inning I notice some scantily clad college gals sitting in the front row of the bleachers behind me down the first base line. Between innings I get the normal crowd interaction and some giggles from the girls.

Inning number 2 and I am still trying to look cool while standing in foul territory watching the lead off batter from directly in front of the bleachers. One of the girls say " Hey blue what's the score? " I turn my head just enough to see the top she was wearing was now reduced to a bikini top which made me look longer than normal. Next thing I know I am about to throw up my lunch!

The foul ball line drive from the batter had found a home right on the wedding tackle! Well needless to say we took a tv time out till I got my color back (not my dignity) and repositioned myself behind the pitcher the rest of the game. Adding insult to injury I get home only to hear my wife say lovingly " Stupidity should be painful you perv!"

  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Coach pitch tournament boys 7-8 and all I have to do is call safes and outs from the field. During the 1st inning I notice some scantily clad college gals sitting in the front row of the bleachers behind me down the first base line. Between innings I get the normal crowd interaction and some giggles from the girls.

Inning number 2 and I am still trying to look cool while standing in foul territory watching the lead off batter from directly in front of the bleachers. One of the girls say " Hey blue what's the score? " I turn my head just enough to see the top she was wearing was now reduced to a bikini top which made me look longer than normal. Next thing I know I am about to throw up my lunch!

The foul ball line drive from the batter had found a home right on the wedding tackle! Well needless to say we took a tv time out till I got my color back (not my dignity) and repositioned myself behind the pitcher the rest of the game. Adding insult to injury I get home only to hear my wife say lovingly " Stupidity should be painful you perv!"

I indicated the problem in BOLD above.

We are not on the field to " Look COOL" we are out there to be professional and to call the game.

You were out of position and trying to be cool instead of umpiring.

Posted

I indicated the problem in BOLD above.

We are not on the field to " Look COOL" we are out there to be professional and to call the game.

You were out of position and trying to be cool instead of umpiring.

+1. And let's not forget the part about "normal crowd interaction and some giggles from the girls." :hi5:

Glad you're OK, but you're other 0.5 summed up that lesson perfectly. And Semper nailed it...you're out there to umpire, not be Cedric the Entertainer.

Posted

The baseball God of Umpiring...........the all powerful Jockus Conlonious has struck down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger for ignoring the first rule of umpiring....

"keep thy eye everlastingly on the ball"..........

hope you are better and have learned a valuable lesson....

Posted

I learned two lessons.....which you guys nailed. Watch the ball and not the scenery, and every game can be your last if your not working correctly! To clarify, normal crowd interaction is the questions of " Hot enough for you?" and " Can I get you a water?" other than that I steer way clear, no explanations ect. We all know what happens at that point.

Posted (edited)

Off the subject a little but not really. When I was a young man and could still get a girl to look at me every once in a while :hi5:, I had this pair of eyeglasses that looked like shades but the lenses were held in by nothing but a piece of , basically, fishing line. I was stopped at a traffic light one day when these two pretty blondes pulled up beside me blowing the horn and waving ect.. I immediatley put on my " cool " look and rolled down the window and was about to speak to the passenger when I hear DOINK. I knew exactly what happened when the left lense of my glasses fell out the window, the fishing line had broke just at the right time. I could hear them laughing as they drove off and I was quickly trying to retrieve my lense before it got run over.

Lesson learned : If your cool your cool, if not don't try it, it will make you look like more of a dork.

Edited by carolinablue
Posted

Saw a similar thing happen to an adult first base coach earlier this week. He never even flinched. There was an adult league kick ball game (they had umps too) on an adjoining field. Being very muggy some of the females had reduced thier attire to sports bra tops. I thought it was bad enough that he had one runner picked off and one caught off first on a short fly to right. I could barely contain the chuckle as went over to retrive ball while was balled up in the fetal postition. There are some very slow learners out there.

Posted

I indicated the problem in BOLD above.

We are not on the field to " Look COOL" we are out there to be professional and to call the game.

You were out of position and trying to be cool instead of umpiring.

No the Problem is he got hit in the junk! :clap:

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I indicated the problem in BOLD above.

We are not on the field to " Look COOL" we are out there to be professional and to call the game.

You were out of position and trying to be cool instead of umpiring.

=================================================

When I started I had the opposite effect...hahaha...

I was the only active female umpire on LL and later on in the Big league, A and AA league.

When I was ump the LL I never encountered any problem. But this all changed when I moved to the higher leagues. At Big League the boys are now 18 or more. So the first game I ump I had to hear all the wispering the benches did when I was at 1st or 3rd base. :wow: You guys all know what I'm refering to, right? For a female it so great being admired -and hell I'm a spontanous flirting female- I had to ignore all the talks :question1: -cause they were just whispers and not for my ears intended- so after that game I started to ump with the baggiest pants, 2x shirts instead of L, no make-up on, not even a lipgloss and mostly use my glasses instead of my lenses...

Now I have the problem when seeing the players in places outside the diamond, like disco's, dinning places etc... cause there I'm dressed for the moment and sometimes on heels.. the "ooes" and "aaas" that I get, well mostly ends up in saying something while on the diamond the next game.

Nevertheless I have tried never to be "friends" or fraternise with the players not on nor off the diamond. You never know how that can end up...hahahaha..

While some of you guys try to look cool, I tried my best to be ignored.

:HS


×
×
  • Create New...