Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5289 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Frankly, I was surprised to learn that this would be your first year doing HS. You are more ready than 99% of the guys who step on the field for the first time. If you haven't realized that yet, you will once you have a classroom session with your fellow rookies.

Can't wait to hear about your first game! Congrats!

Posted

Frankly, I was surprised to learn that this would be your first year doing HS. You are more ready than 99% of the guys who step on the field for the first time. If you haven't realized that yet, you will once you have a classroom session with your fellow rookies.

Can't wait to hear about your first game! Congrats!

Thanks Steve, I appreciate that ....

Yes, this is my first HS season....I came back after a 15 year layoff in 2010 ....

Posted

Outstanding! You will be fine. Where's the game?

Hey there Jeff, ....

I have 3 dates, ... 4 games ...

Northville, Canton, and Salem, ...May 14th, 16th, and 21st respectively. JV however, but that's what I was told, ..with no prior experience you start Frosh and JV

Posted

Outstanding! You will be fine. Where's the game?

Hey there Jeff, ....

I have 3 dates, ... 4 games ...

Northville, Canton, and can't remember the other one...

JV however, but that's what I was told, ..with no prior experience you start Frosh and JV

Yes. You apparently have to "Pay your dues", which is a phrase I could not find on any Rubric or Eval form. It must be an interp or 9.01©

Posted

Congratulations, Jeff!

Knock 'em out. (The games, not the coaches or parents.)

You own the field. They're a bunch of kids! Be early, look sharp, hustle, hit your marks, set the tone... you'll be great!

Posted

Congratulations, Jeff!

Knock 'em out. (The games, not the coaches or parents.)

You own the field. They're a bunch of kids! Be early, look sharp, hustle, hit your marks, set the tone... you'll be great!

Thank you sir!

Posted

Outstanding! You will be fine. Where's the game?

Hey there Jeff, ....

I have 3 dates, ... 4 games ...

Northville, Canton, and Salem, ...May 14th, 16th, and 21st respectively. JV however, but that's what I was told, ..with no prior experience you start Frosh and JV

That's the same way I started.

Posted

Outstanding! You will be fine. Where's the game?

Hey there Jeff, ....

I have 3 dates, ... 4 games ...

Northville, Canton, and can't remember the other one...

JV however, but that's what I was told, ..with no prior experience you start Frosh and JV

Yes. You apparently have to "Pay your dues", which is a phrase I could not find on any Rubric or Eval form. It must be an interp or 9.01©

Everytime I changed states, I had to pay dues, just was a little faster when I told them my experience. Never stayed in WI long enough to get varsity, Iowa had to do lower classification due to logistics (but it was good for me and the assignor saw how many years and thought I was ready) went to VA and had to do last year all JV, finally getting some varsity this year. The assignor here told me that all first year guys do all JV unless an emergency comes up, and they take it from there. I recieved a positive review from the assignor, and now I am getting varsity games faster than most guys who join.

But congrats and know if you keep your performance up, better games should come your way.


×
×
  • Create New...