Christmas

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4521 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I've lost over a hundred pounds since mid August and I want Santa to bring me all new shirts and pants and jackets and...

celt62...

Not to get off topic, but, I'm guessing that the depiction of your avatar has been met with some resistance from more than just a few New Yorkers.

UmpJeff believe it or not you're the first one that's ever said anything. This area of NY is pretty evenly split between the Sox and those other guys and actual drive time is closer to Boston than ... I forgot who were the other guys?

It's a diet called Ideal Protein. It was developed in the 80s for the French Olympic team and has worked it's way into North America. I've tried everything and this sucker is awesome that's how I lost 101.2lbs. in 16 weeks. No sugar, low carbs, high protein, tons of vitamins and lots of cardio. Local cardiologists are recommending it in my area. It's brutal the first couple of weeks but you get used to it. At the end, right sized portions and healthy foods. I now weigh what I did at age 15 and I'm 49. I can't wait to umpire without a 100lb. backpack on this spring. Happy Holidays all!

What your describing is an almost Identical diet that I used about 12 years ago called "Adkins." I used it effectively to go from about 240 down to 190. You have to be careful when you go off this diet, because if you re-introduce carbs and sugar into your diet quickly you will gain about 10 lbs back in a 2 weeks. It happened to me. So, back on the diet I went, and took the 10 lbs off and slowly brought back carbs and sugar. I kept the weight off for about 8 years, and then a couple of years ago, I started gaining it back because I went on some High blood pressure medicine and Migraine medicine. SO, of course I am back on the Adkins diet again, trying to get back down to 190 or so, from 232. So far, so good, its been about a 6 weeks, and I have lost 10 lbs. Not as easy this time, in my 40's as it was in my late 30's.

Good Luck and good for you! Its fantastic your losing that weight!

ANYONE who has migraines, cluster headaches, tension headaches, etc. should use this:

sinusbuster.jpg

It's a headache rescue spray that takes a minute or so to make a migraine or other headache melt away. It's awesome. I literally go nowhere---including home plate---without it. It's a holistic remedy that is actually pepper spray. You can't be a wuss, because it is quite an assault on the senses, but when the initial blast fades away, so does the migraine. It is remarkable.

I have not taken my hideously overpriced prescribed medication for six years now, because this stuff actually works, and instantly. And after six years, I can report only one side effect: No more colds or flu or sinus infections. No flu shots either. Apparently the capsaicin pepper formula kills the thing before it ever has a chance to be a cold.

Most people would rather not try it and just suffer. Apparently they only trust ineffective drugs made by pharmaceutical giants. I like whatever works and is safe to use. This is the only safe substance that works. And I've tried virtually everything under the sun.

Nice tip Kevin, I love a good holistic treatment, funny coming from the microbiologist who works for a pharma company, but many do work. Here's my favorite, oil or oregano, this will help ward off colds, a couple drops in some sort of juice, trust me you can't do this stuff on it's own and it will keep you healthy. I used to fly 100,000 miles a year never left home without it.

Kevin;

Ive tried that before, no good. Lets go down the list see how we compare. I have tried your stuff, All the supplements like Ginko, Vitamins, wort, passion whatever, I could go on for a while. Then lets move on to the usual suspects, Every type of NSAID's, including the shot kind Topamax, Toporal, whatever, All 3 versions of the Caffergot style of drugs, Maxalt, Zomig, and at least 2 other versions of the triptans, including the mini shots, the melt under your tounge tablets. I have tried the Aluminum Sulfate, Iron, 3 different classes of the Zoloft mood regulator, Hydrachloric Thiazide, Beta Blockers ( all three common ones ) The prescription strength of Claratin, Loderal, Inderal ( proprananol - that actually works a little ) Metaclopramide, Timolol, and finally the anti-seziure class, currently on Zonismiade. That has kept my frequency around 1-2 a week. For acute symptoms I have about 3 classes of Narcotics and anti-nausea I take depending on when the attack happens. Ive been to 3 brain docs, 2 GP, one Osteopathic, and a headache clinic. I have had 2 MRI's, a spinal tap ( I have NO idea why ) and blood work every year for the last 8 years.

All that came down to the fact that I have a GP who refills my anti-seizure medicine and gives me a SMALL reasonable amount of heavy pain medicine that I use only when necessary. I go every three months to get refills and a basic physical. He checks my eyes, reflexes, things like that to make sure that the acute pain attacks don't do permanent damage to me.

Its not a perfect system, but it works, and its not that expensive.

Oh, yea, dont forget, diet, sleep patterns, daily food intake tracking ( for triggers ) sleep apnea testing ( no problems ) I have even taken 2 ( the OLD style ) allergy panels to make sure I havent developed any adult onset allergies.

Hows that stack up to what you have tried?

Kevin;

Ive tried that before, no good. Lets go down the list see how we compare. I have tried your stuff, All the supplements like Ginko, Vitamins, wort, passion whatever, I could go on for a while. Then lets move on to the usual suspects, Every type of NSAID's, including the shot kind Topamax, Toporal, whatever, All 3 versions of the Caffergot style of drugs, Maxalt, Zomig, and at least 2 other versions of the triptans, including the mini shots, the melt under your tounge tablets. I have tried the Aluminum Sulfate, Iron, 3 different classes of the Zoloft mood regulator, Hydrachloric Thiazide, Beta Blockers ( all three common ones ) The prescription strength of Claratin, Loderal, Inderal ( proprananol - that actually works a little ) Metaclopramide, Timolol, and finally the anti-seziure class, currently on Zonismiade. That has kept my frequency around 1-2 a week. For acute symptoms I have about 3 classes of Narcotics and anti-nausea I take depending on when the attack happens. Ive been to 3 brain docs, 2 GP, one Osteopathic, and a headache clinic. I have had 2 MRI's, a spinal tap ( I have NO idea why ) and blood work every year for the last 8 years.

All that came down to the fact that I have a GP who refills my anti-seizure medicine and gives me a SMALL reasonable amount of heavy pain medicine that I use only when necessary. I go every three months to get refills and a basic physical. He checks my eyes, reflexes, things like that to make sure that the acute pain attacks don't do permanent damage to me.

Oh, yea, dont forget, diet, sleep patterns, daily food intake tracking ( for triggers ) sleep apnea testing ( no problems ) I have even taken 2 ( the OLD style ) allergy panels to make sure I havent developed any adult onset allergies.

... Beats the $h!t out of what I've tried. (But I didn't see accupuncture or reflexology in there.) I guess I haven't really tried everything under the sun; in fact, I hadn't even entered the anti-seizure medication realm. Wow.

I will tell you, with all sincerity that I am extremely sympathetic to your plight and after your detailing it, I can't really fully empathize. I suppose I consider my problem controllable, if that rescue spray and other non-medicinal therapeutic efforts controls it.

I'm hopeful that you can soldier through. I know we all share that sentiment.

I didn't ask for anything for Christmas this year that is umpire-related. I already sold my old Wilson TI and bought a new one this fall. I do need a new black s/s shirt. I really want to try the new NB plate shoes, which I may pull the trigger on after Christmas.

Kevin;

... Beats the $h!t out of what I've tried. (But I didn't see accupuncture or reflexology in there.) I guess I haven't really tried everything under the sun; in fact, I hadn't even entered the anti-seizure medication realm. Wow.

I will tell you, with all sincerity that I am extremely sympathetic to your plight and after your detailing it, I can't really fully empathize. I suppose I consider my problem controllable, if that rescue spray and other non-medicinal therapeutic efforts controls it.

I'm hopeful that you can soldier through. I know we all share that sentiment.

Thanks for your kind words.

I actually have it under control pretty well. Interesting tidbit, I am 3rd generation sufferer, and my grandmother had all her teeth pulled in her 40's because back then they thought that might have been a cause. Ridiculous. Finding the right doctor is the key. And back in my mother's "day" she was given perscriptions for Percocets at 200 a time. Menopause reduced her frequency, and she does still get them, but not as often as I do.