Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 6041 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

You guys are killing me.:meditation:

Up here is the great white north I won't see live action, (scrimmage or otherwise) for at least another 8 weeks:banghead:

All I can do is work simulated games while watching spring training action on the TV

  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Guys, we started February 20. Already called about 6 games, but our association has had between 45-60 games canceled; either by rain or because of basketball playoffs (smaller schools). We're about to start district in a week or two. I have a big tournament next weekend, and an even bigger USSSA tournament the last weekend of March. Pray for the R*** to hold off!

Posted

You guys are killing me.:meditation:

Up here is the great white north I won't see live action, (scrimmage or otherwise) for at least another 8 weeks:banghead:

All I can do is work simulated games while watching spring training action on the TV

Here in Sunny Southern California it never really ends, just slows down a little. :HS

I have games booked for next 10 days :HS

The ten day forecast says blue sky and sunshine. :HS

Posted

Guys, we started February 20. Already called about 6 games, but our association has had between 45-60 games canceled; either by rain or because of basketball playoffs (smaller schools). We're about to start district in a week or two. I have a big tournament next weekend, and an even bigger USSSA tournament the last weekend of March. Pray for the R*** to hold off!

Feb. 20 and all you've worked is SIX?!?

I worked game # 14 today... :meditation:

Posted

i got to start earlier than scheduled. picked up a doubleheader on feb 13, and i've only worked 7 games. some of us have jobs that don't give us the time we would like to be able to work a bunch of games. i was able to work everyday a few years ago, now i can only work on weekends.:meditation:

Posted

i got to start earlier than scheduled. picked up a doubleheader on feb 13, and i've only worked 7 games. some of us have jobs that don't give us the time we would like to be able to work a bunch of games. i was able to work everyday a few years ago, now i can only work on weekends.:bang:

Alright - I'll admit - game nos. 1-12 were all in the period 2/27 to 3/6. :D

Posted

Now its R:censored: and is supposed to continue through Sunday. So much for my games Sunday and the HS season openers Tuesday could be in jeopardy on some of the less well maintained fields.

Posted

:bang:

Lost my first 2 games (Fri & Sat) to the wet stuff. Monday is not looking good.

Posted

Well got my 2 in on Sunday, I doubt the crew that came in after me got theirs. It started r:censored:ing as we were walking off the field. And the field was not in good condition to start with.

But I just got the call that my HS season opener was postponed for tomorrow. They'll retry for Wed.

Posted

Well got my 2 in on Sunday, I doubt the crew that came in after me got theirs. It started r:censored:ing as we were walking off the field. And the field was not in good condition to start with.

But I just got the call that my HS season opener was postponed for tomorrow. They'll retry for Wed.

You guys play HS games on Sundays there? :crazy:

Posted

No Sunday was AAU

Tuesday (3/16) is supposed to be opening day for HS, but the weather is not being cooperative.

Hah! This is one time where I got my game in, and you didn't! :question1:

Had Lake Taylor @ Norview. Doesn't sound like much, but considering the recent history of the two schools, and it was the opener, it was well played. Norview, 4-1.

Best part? 4:00 start, and I started my car (having already walked back from the field, gotten out of my plate gear, and talked a little to my partner) at 5:50. Sweeeeeeet.

Posted

Well my game yesterday was rescheduled to today. In the past 1/2 hour I got a call that the home teams field is still unplayable so they moved it to the visitors school and at 7:30 tonight after a JV.

So my HS season will start tonight.

Posted

Well my game yesterday was rescheduled to today. In the past 1/2 hour I got a call that the home teams field is still unplayable so they moved it to the visitors school and at 7:30 tonight after a JV.

Better night tonight for it, at least.


×
×
  • Create New...