TStokes97
Inactive-
Posts
339 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by TStokes97
-
. Thats too funny
-
Tucker, it depends on the level. In youth ball, I'm ejecting for any swear word, at any volume.Ok thanks Good to know
-
If he's got potential, don't get rid of him. Keep him and train him right the first time. Don't let him develop bad habits. Yea 3 umps Ive worked with have really helped me, instead of trying to end my career they trained me, and told me everything I needed to know and gave me confidence about my ability, I'm doing well now and they are a big reason for that, don't give up on young umps, with some teaching we can become something
-
I had issues with Flinching and leaving my stance, It can be broken I just holding onto my legs tight and that fixed it, now Im used to staying in there its not a problem any more,
-
I love this guy!!! Always chimes jn with a joke when I need it
-
Well make sure they know mistakes will happen, I got over my two huge blunders; first plate game I blinked yelled strike!! Turned out ball bounced, oops, first base game I lost the ball, next thing I know bam short stop rams me, They need to know they are humans, not machines
-
UE, WV gold, wv platinum, or Douglas cp and shin guards?
TStokes97 replied to mbkcoach's topic in Umpire Equipment
Well Im good then it goes to my belly button, so assuming my understanding of anatomy is correct im good -
Do all swear words count as profanity? Or is it the F, P B & C bombs only?
-
Man people are crazy about looks here, my pants cost $1.00 at a thrift store, my shirts $10 at bonton
-
UE, WV gold, wv platinum, or Douglas cp and shin guards?
TStokes97 replied to mbkcoach's topic in Umpire Equipment
Whats a chest protector suppose to cover? Mine doesn't reach my belly button, is that normal? -
Funny, I'll get on that once I get a drivers license
-
UE, WV gold, wv platinum, or Douglas cp and shin guards?
TStokes97 replied to mbkcoach's topic in Umpire Equipment
You want CP advise I got some, DO NOT USE THE BUBBLE, IT STINKS HAS NO PROTECTION, Although once in a blue moon I do a 1 man crew rec game with coaches who I know, and if its hot on one of those games I use the bubble to keep cool, The champro P2000 is ok -
Thanks, thats wonderful, I missed these when I searched ebay
-
I have looked all around, including here and cannot find a place that sells plate shoes for a resonable price, anybody know a site carrying them for around $75? Thanks
-
I like the joke, although i wear an hsm Since you wear an HSM you'll need to start smoking to look cool. And more mature. I don't appreciate that, using an hsm is a choice I made, It provides me better protection, pretty much everyone around here use HSM's, theres nothing imature about safety
-
That's the truth, My first training was war story's with some technique stuff thrown in here and there, the next year those teachers were gone and the new guys cut out the s**t war stories and the umpire corps of the league improved vastly
-
Who ever buys this will be well ready to go, won't be missing much but plate shoes, You won't have trouble selling, I'd buy but well the one thing you dont have is the one thing I do, plate shoes, a rookie will love that deal though
-
-
I'd reccomened you provide popcorn, I'd imagne the junior umps would enjoy the stories more if you do
-
I agree about the TW pads. That's the only pads I've ever used where I've felt pain. Anytime you get hit with a ball traveling with a great deal of velocity you're going to feel it, no matter what some on here might say. And Dave, I have that Force 3 mask and love it.Is it bad to feel pain from a pad? I thought TW's were the best pads on earth
-
No kidding. The Champion chest protector is more than adequate at the youth level. Hell I would wear it in a college game if I didn't like the Douglas stuff so much. Next we'll have people telling him he needs a Nike mask and Team Wendy-retrofitted Wilson Gold. Not sure why this is giving him crap. What I would recommend is that if you are in it for the long hall then get good equipment. Take care of it and it lasts a long time. Then you don't have to constantly upgrade your equipment. As far as shin guards, I guess cheap is ok at that level until you get wild thing on the mound who can bring it and the catcher who doesn't understand what bring it means. My first year I had a catcher who wasn't even trying to block anything. I asked why and he said, "There's nobody on base." WTF! Had a nice chat with the coach at that point of the game. You just never know. Keep yourself protected. I'm not selling any equipment here. Just giving an opinion. And if you want to be really cool, get the Nike mask and Team Wendy retrofitted Wilson Gold. I don't think its giving me crap, its just different opinions about the best way to handle buying gear, personally I'll buy top level stuff and keep care of it, rather than buying mid grade stuff for each level I advance to
-
I like the joke, although i wear an hsm
-
Side note on my helmet, pretth much every ump I work with uses the adidas helmet like mine, around here its quite common, including a guy I know who is PIAA trained
-
sorry forgot, my bad
-
I worked in a league where during playoffs coaches who didnt have games that day had to be base umps, during the season we used a "volunteer" parent from the home team, or league only paid for plate umps, thank goodness we joined a bigger league and they pay for 2 of us now, nice to have a trained partner
