sri8527
Members-
Posts
67 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by sri8527
-
looks interesting, not sure I am a fan of the warranty though, I would think that at two bills the warranty would be similar too what Wilson offers with their ti masks, which we all know bend, the all star ti still seems the best as far as replacing though, they don't replace, because they don't bend. I just can't get past the big square ear protection on the all star. I personally don't use a ti, the protection I get from my diamond and both all stars I have is enough for me. all star is becoming my equipment of choice.
-
hey guys, this is the number I was given in an e-mail, I was going to order some LUC pads from them but ended up not having to do so. 1 800 777 3810 Kelsey Johnson ext 219 this will get you to customer service, the e-mail says have your order ready with your card no. hope this helps.
-
I know a few people that swear buy the sunshield, they believe it keeps the sun from beating on the front "brim" of their hat and thus is cooler. I own one that I will use occasionally, I think it looks best on a silver framed mask. YMMV. just in case someone is interested, woke up to 4" of snow today, the hits just keep on coming.
-
I already know how most of you will react, but here goes, I put some navy LUC pads in my silver diamond with a navy Wilson harness. I like the look and have started using the LUC padding more and more. I have the black TW'S in my grey dyna-lite right now, a mask I don't wear often. I took the tan TW'S out of my fm 2000 and put the LUC's back in. my fm 4000 has black LUC pads also. just like the all stars better.
-
now I don't work the level of ball you guys do, but, once you let him leave the home plate area with no response to his original "gesturing", if he "gestures" again on his way to the dugout, you need to get too "that's enough" pretty quick. he already thinks he got the best of you, the problem as I see it is if he is on his way to the dugout and now you address it, YOU look like the aggressor, never a good look. just my thoughts. if anyone feels I am off base here, please let me know. to the original poster, we all get caught "flatfooted" once in a while, it happens, learn, move on.
-
my wife was walking by when I clicked on that, thanks a bunch. proved I was on this site, she went away just shaking her head, mumbling something, funny though.
-
I stand by my original statement, why would MLB umpires use duct tape to cover a logo, I have seen guys try to remove logo's and then slap on a big yellow W over what's left. I will look for some examples when I can.
-
the issue isn't that they have too show the WILSON, as WILSON is the official supplier, they CAN'T show any other label. I would bet there is a system of fines in place if they do.
-
if I get a noticeable dent in a mask, I won't wear that mask for another pitch, coach, I will be right back, I go get the next one. I understand it did it's job and have no issue with it denting, but without it being checked I will not wear it again. if the dent also caused a small unseen crack in a weld, the next shot has the potential to be devastating, this is a risk I am not willing to take. I will carry three with me this year, a fm 4000, a fm 2000, and a diamond, different pad combo;s, TW'S and LUC. I depend on my equipment to do its job, if I wear it when it may be compromised, that's on me. a dent is TELLING. its telling me go get a different mask.
-
I know its a bit late but you now have my personal THANK YOU.
-
the problem with listening to what the company tells us is: they don't always tell us the truth, shocking, I know. if I were to take the word of gerrry davis, I would be wearing the davishield, after all when it came out he had done some sort of test that said it was more protective than the platinum, well, we know that isn't true because someone here tested it and told me so, and I do apologize to that member because I don't remember who it was, he saved me whatever the cost of that cp was when it came out, plus shipping. when any new piece of equipment comes out I wait for you, on this board, to educate me. I know that isn't really fair of me, but I prefer not to be the test dummy. if I was to retro fit my gold to team wendy padding it would because of the lower profile, not the protection. I purchased team wendy mask pads on the recommendation of the people on this site, both tan and black. I like them, but for me, I like the all star LUC pads better, personal choice, but I bought them because I had no worry that they were an inferior product. I would wear a retrofitted gold without hesitation, I don't feel I would be in danger of being injured, because the members here told me so. I am going to work a lot more softball this year, I know what most of you think of softball, but the is the amount of guys that wear the diamond masks with the original padding is shocking to me, I ask them don't you read anything about whats protecting your head and heart. as you can see I don't post a lot, but the equipment section is my favorite, it has saved me many a bump and bruise. I don't remember what started me on this but I want to thank Warren for the site and the members here for all your insight into what keeps me as safe as possible.
-
well I think that makes me the third guy that likes the TW'S but I just don't find the protection to be that much better. I like the All Star LUC'S a little better, I use both the fm 2000 and 4000 with All Stars and my diamond silver with TW'S I am going to load the diamond with Navy LUC'S with a navy harness, the 2000 then will be switched to tan TW'S, my grey dyna-lite will get the black TW'S and hardly used if at all.
-
just curious, does team wendy send the original padding back with the retro fit?
-
trying to figure that out myself, came up with "hands on knees" is that right Jocko?
-
thanks Mike, you to pops, still going to try their compression shorts though. I will still need at least one new jock either way, thanks again.
-
hey guys, I don't see the NB compression shorts being sold separately, does any one have a review yet, either way I need either shorts or a new NB jock. I will continue too look, thanks well , a friend of mine just called, it seems you can now go right to the Nutty Buddy site and order right from them. now I just hope I like the shorts. any reviews?
-
well lets see, worked last nite, woke up this morning to about 3 inches of fresh snow, it's about 10 degrees out there, yep, perfect day to check my 460'S.
-
This is just sad, never met the man but learned so much from him, RIP Mike
-
A key gear discovery… My hat’s off to Kyle!
sri8527 replied to Kevin Finnerty's topic in Umpire Equipment
sorry bam, I was just reading about kfinn modifying his and went from there. if YOU have an opinion I would love to hear it, like the CCM'S I do worry a little about ankle protection. the davis I wear now are ok, I did take a hard shot low on the guard and although it didn't stop me or anything, it hurt. I've been hit around the knee and they are fine, that lower shot bothered me though. like the davis I can't wear the ankle protection without that flair, so, if I'm not going to have ankle protection either way, I don't want it to hurt if I get hit where I do have protection, am I making any sense at all? -
A key gear discovery… My hat’s off to Kyle!
sri8527 replied to Kevin Finnerty's topic in Umpire Equipment
I have the CCM shins, I like them but, they are warm and a touch wide, wearing the newer version of the davis shins now, have both versions, thinking about the reeboks. when i purchased the davis shins, both versions came with removable ankle protection, I may try to incorporate them into the reeboks, I wear NB 460's and worry about that dreaded "flair" around the ankles. kfinn, would love too hear what you think about this. -
get well soon
-
just completed my trade with Jocko, received, on time exactly what was promised. I added a grey harness to this freshly powder coated grey/silver fm 4000, the harness matches perfectly. not only did I acquire the rig I plan on using primarily, I gained a friend too bounce ideas off of. thanks again Jocko.
- 679 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- transaction
- reviews
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
wow, I bought that grey frame at btlofficials gear 8 to 10 years ago, loaded it with black amara pads, didn't really like them, so went to black leather, kept the two tone grey/black that came with it. my two tones are not leather however, vinyl outside, whatever material inside, grey harness, sometimes a sunshield, I really like it. getting a few small cracks in the coating though.
-
I love my officials locker room, leave every game in clean dry clothes with no worry about who might see me changing. I found another use also, my grandchildren love it, at the park, at the pool, no more holding towels up to put on bathing suits or changing clothes, bring a potty chair for those potty training, they think there special, we want to use papa's little house.
