Jump to content

blp79

Members
  • Posts

    96
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by blp79

  1. I agree good call
  2. no balk:big_no
  3. I have to say this is a fine cp and I thank everyone for their advice on this cp.I have worked 4 games now behind the plate and tonight was the first time I took any shots with it ,(4 total) and didn't feel a thing but it makes a racket when it takes a shot.Thanks all for your help I'm glad I took the advice and bought this cp.:yippie:
  4. I'm sorry nate I'll just take my ball and go home,:kissass:
  5. I have talked to a few vets in my assoc and some are giving lee-way to the fielder and some are not,and I have already heard from a coach how no one else has called that yet.
  6. I am going to call it the way I see it regardless,and I was just curious how much lee-way some of you on this forum give the fielder :HS
  7. I just bring this up because in a game last weekend i called a runner safe in that situation,just wondered how everyone else calls it
  8. FED rules,Situation runner on first ground ball to f4 f6 receives the ball from f4 but does not touch the bad but is close (basically steps over it).By rule he must touch the bag,how much leeway to you other allow in this situation
  9. yes I did make the mistake of speaking to him,and asked him if he would like to join his son:(.Before I asked the A.D. to remove him,just have to learn from that and move on.:banghead:I re read my op i put that the schools A.D. removed him I left out that it was at my request this guy was vulgar towards me and my partner all day this was game 2 of 3,and I let him get the better of me.lesson learned
  10. No I do not have authority over him but I can have the home teams management remove him, and that is what i did as far as engaging him,yes I fell for his bait and should have just let him run his mouth.But I'm sure It's nothing that hasn't happend before
  11. Had this happen yesterday in a H.S. game,bottom of the third 1 out runner on second the 6 hole at bat.This kid has already went down on strikes looking once,He takes 2 right down the pipe,count then goes full,next pitch knee high right down the pipe I ring him up and as he's leaving the box I get what are you blue Fu*&^%@ blind I need a golf club to hit that.:shrug:well thanks for playing you can watch the rest of the game from the bus.:wave:On my way back to the plate a fan starts in (hitters dad),you cant do that blue he wasn't even talking to you,are you stupid.I politely tell him that is enough,he replies you cant tell me what to do and then ask him if he would like to join his son,he replies you can't make me leave: thanks for coming.This guy was so out of control the schools A.D. had to remove him.After that we never had a problem the rest of the day,I think I got my point across.So when dealing with fans or parents how do you handle this situation or other involving fans.
  12. I found this post on "Propose your FED rules changes/ modifications here" interesting and have nominated it accordingly for "Post Of The Month March, 2010"
  13. as long as the wrapping does not cause the handle to become flush with the knob,or extends beyond 18" it's legal
  14. :ranton:Honestly what does it matter where the post came from originally?All Mr. Umpire is trying to do is get this forums input on the post,I have never seen this post until today and thought it was an interesting post,I do not see how he is trying to confuse anyone or get someone to support his views,all i see is he is bringing it here for discussion on this forum.:rantoff:Now for my question would the ruling be the same In FED as in OBR
  15. sounds like a good idea :meditation:
  16. blp79

    Quick Question

    I got a booted ball by f3 and r1 unintentionally contacted the ball,live ball
  17. no i cut the flaps off because they just stuck out i dont know if the sliding caused that or not, if some one wanted they could make another strap to hold them in place :2cents:
  18. i have the older version i two wondered about the strap system.yesterday i got to work a scrimmage against my home towns j.v. vs varsity.me and my partner rotated halfway through.my guards seem to twist but not alot i had them pretty snug.As for the knee being loose didn't seem to be a problem once i got set in the box they seem to stay in place there is a gap but with my combo pants it's not much .It seemed to be easier to move around with these shin guards. my only problem are the flaps on the bottom I was warned in another post about them and sure enough by the time we were done they looked like wings sticking out,so when i got home i had to do some minor surgery but that's my . :GL:
  19. blp79

    Courtesy Runner(s)

    (a) illegal (B) I do not have a rule book handy but I would say legal as long as the report to the UIC as courtesy runners
  20. blp79

    Quick Question

    no the runner is not out and the batter still is out by iff
  21. blp79

    Quick Question

    I might have but i havent caught it yet if any one catches it point it out
  22. blp79

    Quick Question

    (1)as for a fair batted ball ,the runner is out if he is contacted by a fair batted ball before it touches an infielder or after it passes any infielder ,except the pitcher,and the umpire is convinced that another infielder has a play then the runner is out. (2) Infield fly if a runner is hit by an IFF when he is in contact with the bag the batter is out and the ball is dead.If he is hit by an IFF while off the bag he and the batter are out (3) a ball that passes a fielder that is answered in (1)
  23. blp79

    Quick Question

    no one said he was out with the IFF rule in effect,only way he is is if he is off the base.we are talking about a runner being hit by a fair batted ball
  24. blp79

    Quick Question

    or after it passes any infielder except the pitcher and you are convinced that another infielder has a play.then the runner is out 8-4part2.k this does not apply to the IFF,unless the runner is off the bag when hit then the runner and batter are out
  25. blp79

    Quick Question

    runner is out when contacted by a fair batted ball before it touches an infielder,except the pitcher and the umpire is convinced that another infielder has a play. on an infield fly if he is hit while off the base he and the batter are out
×
×
  • Create New...