-
Posts
96 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by blp79
-
I'm with Jax and mike,only 2nd on that play
-
Well today I had the Rat again,He was playing the local H.S. in my home town,and I had the dish.Had a good day zone was good but this guy just doesn't no when to quit he chirped about the zone until I shut him down,then he moved on to my partner after a banger at first,he came from the box at third on a run at my partner he didn't even make it to the mound before he got the hook. And as in the game before he had no ac,and I suspended play.I have came to the conclusion that this guy is just a class a d*&k.That's 2 in a week for him i cant wait to see what the state does to this RAT.:wave:
-
I finally got an answer from the state assoc.First let me clear something up the trainer was a school employee and had a cori done,he was not just a parent or someone out of the stands he works for the school and is the trainer for the baseball team.The state director told me even though the he is a school employee he is not a registered coach or assistant that play should have been suspended,but he also said in the situation where there was only an inning to play he did not have a problem with it but if it happens again that play is to be suspended,And the game finished at a later date.I should have stuck to my guns with my partner because in the back of my mind I knew I was right,but now if i ever encounter this again I now what to do
-
What in the hell are wrong with kids these days?When I played in no matter what age if there was a call to be argued that was the coaches job.Of course I played for an old school coach H.S. who would have ran you till you puked for addressing an umpire like that.Not to mention my father would have probably beat me senseless :BD:before I even got off the field,H.S. or not.I can't believe the disrespect players (all ages) show anymore:shakehead:.
-
Hokie I agree 100%,but when your partner is a hometown boy who is buddy buddy with the coach and fans and to busy talking with them through the fence,I dont know about you but i'm not sticking around to wait on him when I have a Pissed off mob and coach waiting for me.And I did leave through the winning teams gate the coach just made it a point to catch up with me before i got out.
-
I'm asking this after an ejection I had last night where I dumped a coach in the sixth.The rat that I gave the hook to had no assistant,but my partner let the trainer who was with the team step in and finish the game,personally I did not agree but thats how it went and we finished the game.Good call or not?
-
He was arguing that the ball hit the ground and f4 trapped it,But he Bit$#*& all game and I finally had enough when he started getting personal.
-
Honestly I could care less about his threat,or if I ever work another game for that school.And yes it was wrote up in great detail. So far this morning I have calls from his school and the state Assoc.And yes he was a class 1 DI@#H%@* and I wasn't giving his all stars the breaks he wanted.As far as my partner I dont have a clue I left,I didn't need him to walk me to my vehicle.
-
Red I see what your saying but I dont think it went that far,I'll let the state assoc and his school deal with him.I am still shocked in how he acted,honestly I was waiting on him to throw a punch.
-
I already got it reported just finished it up,and I have already had a call from the school A.D.Brian I agree about the game being suspended after I dumped him but my partner let the trainer who was with the team step in and finish the game,I dont know if that was the right call or not but we finished the game.I was shocked by this guys behavior I have never had anything like that before,the A.D assured me he would deal with his coach and that he does not speak for his school when hiring umpires.
-
Had this tonight bottom six,I'm in the c r1 ,r2 no out.batter hits a ankle high liner to f4,this ball was smoked.I turn following the ball and I have f4 with a catch,he throws to f3 double play.Hc goes nuts :hopmad:told me that was horrible, you suck.I should have dumped him there,But instead I warned him,I was trying my best to keep him in the game he did not have an assistant and it's the bottom of the sixth.Well on his way back to the box he had to press his luck and gives me the blue you need your eyes checked,:wave:well coach have a nice day,and thanks for coming.Well we move to the seventh Visitors at bat I hear the rat barking instructions to his players from the fence what part of your gone do you not understand?I call time get with my partner and of course there is no one there from the school to deal with this guy.So my partner tells him that play is suspended until he leaves,finally after about 5 mins he leaves and we finish the game.As i'm going through the gate here comes the rat he meets me at the gate with his finger in my chest to inform me that he would see that I never step foot on his ball park again,I reply ok coach that's fine good game.
-
I have to agree,sounds like obstruction.But did he block the runners path to the bag completely?If not then I would say you have a train wreck.
-
Well Warren and Brian I agree 100% about never arguing with your partner,And yes i have a local association meeting this weekend so I am going to bring it up,just so happens this guy is is the same local I am,should be fun.And to make things worse i have to work with him today.
-
yeah that sums it up
-
well when me and the HC were discussing what i had he came out I told him what I got and then he announced for everyone to hear that the runner is safe and back on first.
-
Ok so in the opinion of this forum what is the best way to handle a situation like this where your partner over rules you?Me personally, I was hot about it and didn't really fell like arguing with him in front of the crowd even tough I new that was the right call.I'm sure each situation would be different but after the HC came out and argued and I told him and my partner what I had,my call was hijacked,and there I was hung out to dry.If your partner wont back you up what can you really do about it?
-
Well we ended up in a heated discussion after the game,My biggest question was how is he not out? My partner replies now that I think about it you might be right,I reply you think,thats common sense baseball,and you made me look like a jack A$$.Needless to say when I left I was not a happy camper.:BD:But he was the UIC so he can live with that one.
-
That's what I had.I do not see why he has to be tagged after he left the bag and headed towards the dugout.But I ended up under the bus :clap:
-
Thats what I had by fed rule 8-4 Note but my call was overturned by my partner .This was only a J.V. game,but come on the runner should know better than that.:banghead:And since the game I talked to a vet in my association and he agreed with my call,that the runner gave up his right to the bag when he headed for the dugout weather he crossed in to fair territory or not.
-
I'm going off FED rule 8-4note:any runner,after reaching first base,who leaves the baseline heading for the dugout or his defensive position believing that there is no further play,shall be declared out if the umpire judges the act of the runner to be considered abandoning his efforts to run the bases. This is all I can find to support the call.
-
Here is the situation,no on no out.Br hits to f6(who boots it)Br is tearing down the line and beats the throw SAFE.For some reason I do not know ,he walks off the bag down the first baseline half way between first and home headed towards the dugout f1 throws back to first,OUT.HC comes unglued says the runner never made an attempt for 2nd.I reply true coach but he gave up his right to the bag when he left it,by this time my partner(UIC) comes out we confer and he has him as safe that he didn't make an attempt so runner goes back to first and we play on.Now this play had no effect on the game home team won by 10 in 5.Whats your call?
-
yeah I got a few hey blue are you ok? I just smiled,lets play ball.
-
No thanks,I'll take the noise over feeling the shots any day.
