Jump to content

semper_fi_72

Inactive
  • Posts

    1,686
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

Everything posted by semper_fi_72

  1. Amen! USSSA Rules. Innings pitched are tracked on the lineup/score card. Who would you say should sign off and verify how many innings a kid pitched in any game? It isn't a problem and is very easy.
  2. Pants are to short. They are coming way up when you get down.
  3. No If he gets on base he would change from Happy Gilmore to just "Happy, Happy, Happy". (Duck Dynasty) Quack, Quack
  4. I would have been the "Hell out of there"
  5. Now that your working USSSA games, hopefully we will work together sometime soon.
  6. I've read a lot of information that makes the claim that the HSM is superior to a traditional mask in reducing concussions, but I've yet to see any empirical evidence, Lou. I'm a "show me" type of person, and before I make the switch I'd like to know if there are any non-biased articles out there to support the claims made by HSM manufacturers. Tim. When I had to switch I did my did my research and talked with AllStar. I don't have any evidence to give you that would prove anything either way. I just know that I haven't had another problem since I started wearing mine and I have taken some shoots. One shot I took this year was a foul straight up hitting the fence above and coming down and bouncing off the top of my helmet. Glad I had a HSM on and didn't have a ball bounce off the top of my head. Besides shots to the mask, I have to be concerned about shots of any kind to my entire head. So yes the HSM surrounds and protects my skull and provides the protection my head requires over a traditional mask. I don't need a bat or a ball to hit me any where in the head to know that the helmet protects me better than a traditional mask. As my doctor told me I don't need another concussion at my age. As SWMBO told me, "Next time it happens, your equipment will be on EBay before you get home from Urgent Care or the Emergency Room".
  7. $45 for a 2-hour game? I'm not most adults, then. I'd rather be bored at home - they can keep the money. I take $44 for a 1:45 NO New game all the time. 11U and 12U $49 for a two hour No New. 13U and up.
  8. Except for a few Regular Season LL Volunteer games and post season LL, I have one major requirement to umpire. Show me the Money AS far as umpiring T-Ball, Machine Pitch or Coach Pitch, I never umpired any, would never umpire one and would never assign a umpire to one. I don't care what they pay. The coaches need to be Adults and let the kids have fun.
  9. Unless there is a runner in scoring position, this sounds like poor strategy -- pitch to him, if he gets a hit, it doesn't matter unless it's an HR. If he's an out, the next inning starts with an out. There were runners in scoring position. Sorry I left that out and left it to be assumed.
  10. Saturday I had 3, 12U USSSA games, all on the plate The EJ occurred in the TOP of the 3rd. The F2 was a good kid who when he first came out to start the 2nd game approached me and said "Good Afternoon Blue, my name is Tristan and I am here to protect you today". He was a hard work F2 and was a leader of his team. His team did win that game. Now to the EJ. R2 two outs. Ball hit to RF. R2 rounds 3B and here comes the throw from RF. It is a arrow that hits the Bulls Eye. F2 receives the ball and is straddling the 3B line waiting for R2 who still has a good 15 feet before he gets there. R2, crosses his arms across his and drops his right shoulder. As he makes contact with F2 he pushes his arms out from his chest pushing F2. F2 made the tag and is falling over backwards and lands on his back and he still has the complete control of the ball. R2 was stopped in his tracks and fell face first in the dirt after the contact 5 feet short of . I signal the out. Point to R2 #34 and give the EJ signal for MC. His Manager argues mildly that it was not intentional As I am brushing off the plate to get play resumed, F2 is set up behind the plate. I look at him and say, "Great Play Tristan, I am your Umpire today and it is my job to protect you". He cracks a big The team was batting all 10 players and since it was a EJ he was a automatic out every time for the rest of the game. Each time the #7 spot came up, which occurred 3 times, the Defensive coach gave a intentional walk to the #6 hitter, there by reaching the #7 batter and getting the 3rd out automatically. Using the rules to his advantage did not help him win the game though.
  11. OMG You are such a HardA** Just kidding Great job and Welcome to USSSA Baseball. I have had that one before except when it occurred the SoCal Director was working as the TD that day and he actually made the ejection when he brought the score cards to the field to verify the innings pitched on a kid because the pitching log got left home.
  12. It was not the same teams in the DH. So there were two different teams that were that bad. I don't have an issue with teams that bad, but I have a difficult time understanding how at that age they don't know how to throw a baseball. The first catcher in the first game literally threw a rainbow that would land half way between the mound and second base. And much more of a concern than their level of play was their complete disregard for having any respect for the game. At one point in the second inning when the team was down 6 or 7 runs, the coach yelled out to his pitcher asking if he was okay. The SS yelled back, "well obviously not, look at the scoreboard". Most of the kids on the second bad team had this crappy attitude like they didn't even want to be there. To me you owe something as a player to the fans and your teammates to give an honest effort. I have no respect for kids that don't adhere to that. Want to know why kids are the way they are, Look at the parents. Attitude reflects Leadership. Again look at the Coaches and Parents. Maybe these kids didn't want to be there but are playing because their parents say they must play. You want to see a change in attitude and motivation? Look what happens when kids move up from LL Majors to Juniors.
  13. I am trying to remember... :question1: Oh yea, I have had 3 of them and is why I now where a HSM. I want to eat my vegetables, not be a vegetable.
  14. Really weird they have always worked for me and apparently others.
  15. Should I be worried you have faster access to my pics then I do?
  16. Rich Looking at the pic it may be bigger than my Reebok. If it is, you may have trouble with it being to big. If my Reebok was any bigger, it wouldn't work for me. Let us know how it works out. Glad to hear your adding it. The life you save may be your own.
  17. I only wear Smitty Combo pants. Been wearing Pro 9 shins for 4 years under them without a problem. Unlike Prince, I either don't have the time or facilities to change pants between games, so combo's are my choice and I have never gotten a complaint about appearance. I also have not had a partner, that I can ever remember wear anything but combo pants when working multiple games. HS Varsity games etc., when you only work one game is a different story.
  18. How much did you get paid? Yep I would be complaining all the way to the bank with the $25 an hour I would get paid for games like that
  19. 100% Correct I got mine from Hockey Giant which has a store semi close to me. I love mine and it works great. I mounted the front to the bottom of the cage and the sides to the straps on the side. I don't even know it is there anymore and causes me no additional problems removing my HSM off during plays.
  20. Who was making the dirty look?
  21. During a three day, MLK Weekend Tournament, I was scheduled for 15 games over the three days. (sat, Sun, Mon) It started raining on Sunday after game 7 of the weekend. Rained out the rest of the tournament, so had 8 straight games rained out.....lol. It wasn't this year.
  22. Agreed It is a "old" mechanic no longer used and shouldn't be used.
  23. Premeditation and throwing chum in the water. Yes, you caught a Shark but not one for the Trophy Room. BTW, if you really want to collect Trophies for your EJs while umpiring, may I suggest a different sport to officiate. I would rather remember the ones I kept in game. I also do not EJ anyone. THEY EJ THEMSELVES. that is kind of funny Lou, .... you posted about EJing a 12u kid for saying "you've got to be kidding me" ..... Absolutely correct. He EJd himself through the word YOU'VE, his eye contact, body language and the volume/tone it was said.
  24. My only thought or advice is: Do not carry over anything that occurred in a previous game into a game. What happened in one game should not affect anything you do in another game. If it does, it can appear as you carrying a grudge and not being professional.
  25. Premeditation and throwing chum in the water. Yes, you caught a Shark but not one for the Trophy Room. BTW, if you really want to collect Trophies for your EJs while umpiring, may I suggest a different sport to officiate. I would rather remember the ones I kept in game. I also do not EJ anyone. THEY EJ THEMSELVES.
×
×
  • Create New...