Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 512 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

If you're looking to upgrade your jacket game...I'd recommend checking out this jacket from Gerry Davis: 

https://gerrydavis.com/products/davis-bfx-soft-shell-jacket

This jacket is for cold to cool games. The website says for games between 50-70 degree games. While I would agree with that, with proper layering you could potentially sneak down into the 40s with this due to its ability to repel the wind. 

The pockets are deep and could easily keep a handwarmer in each pocket for those days where you need just a little more to stay warm. 

I'm wearing an XL and it's sized right with or without layering so you should be able to order your normal size. 

While I think you could wear this on the plate, I plan to wear this for my base games. 

If you're looking for a new jacket for those chilly spring or fall games, I'd recommend checking this one out. 

Screen Shot 2025-03-15 at 1.00.40 PM.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Posted

@johnnyg08 your timing is impeccable. I was going to mention this jacket this morning.

Last night had my first non-scrimmage games of the year. Temperature at first pitch was 41 degrees under mostly cloudy skies and a bit breezy (wind chill probably dropped the ambient temp to the 39-40). I had first plate. I opted to wear a loose long sleeve wicking shirt, then the BFX soft shell, then my CP, then a long sleeved black/gray uniform shirt. I was actually too warm--by the 4th inning, I had a pretty good sweat going. All the while, it was comfortable enough I didn't even feel like I had an extra layer on.

Fellow arbiters, if you are on the fence about this jacket--get it.

  • Like 2
Posted
1 hour ago, 834k3r said:

Temperature at first pitch was 41 degrees under mostly cloudy skies and a bit breezy (wind chill probably dropped the ambient temp to the 39-40)

Reminding me of why I didn't move back to the PNW 🤣

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted
38 minutes ago, Velho said:

Reminding me of why I didn't move back to the PNW 🤣

 

And way back when there wasn't good gear. There was one jacket and often times, it was too much of a jacket. I love having options now based upon the conditions 

  • Like 3
  • 1 month later...
Posted

This jacket is fantastic. Wore it for the first time this morning. Overcast, windy, 50ish. Threw a long sleeve UA under it and was comfortable. Looks good, really nice soft material, love the Velcro wrist closures and the extended collar zip. 

With another good layer underneath, you could wear this into the 40s if desired. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
×
×
  • Create New...