TCU coach ejected

dumbdumb
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 661 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

What is the accepted NCAA definition of "a complete stop?"  Is it purely directional or is it a moment of stillness?  In NFHS, I would say it is stillness since they specifically say "a change of direction is not considered an acceptable stop."

His hands were not in motion for a brief moment, but there was the "chittering" (opening a closing) with the glove.  Curious, because I have noticed more pitchers doing this lately, either with the glove or with their hand in the glove.  There is not a point of motionlessness.    

8 hours ago, The Man in Blue said:

His hands were not in motion for a brief moment, but there was the "chittering" (opening a closing) with the glove.  Curious, because I have noticed more pitchers doing this lately, either with the glove or with their hand in the glove.  There is not a point of motionlessness.    

Although close, I personally had a stop here, and I don't consider the corner of the glove flapping as "movement" of F1 that could contribute to a balk call.

I had a kid in high school the other week that was just "shaky" for lack of a better description... he was clearly pausing, but had an inherent shake in his arms/glove (picture a symptom of being very nervous). It was less movement than on this video, but the entire glove/arms, and it carried on throughout until start of delivery. I hope others aren't calling things like that a balk.

Additionally, if F1 is moving his hand around inside the glove gripping for a curve (F1 completely set, glove is stopped, but obviously wiggling with the motion of his hand turning in the glove, do people call that a balk? Cause I definitely don't.

• Like 2