Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2453 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Here we go again running up score and fighting. No need to have 64-14 score before end of 3rd quarter. Second team plays after starters get 5-0 lead for rest of game. Rebound, walk ball up court. Set up and run 2 plays with each player touching ball without shooting. On third play pass ball so that each player touches ball and then shoot. No 3 point tries, but tries just on or inside the line. No layups, no fast break. 

No overly aggressive rebound tries on follow up. Play 2-3 zone on defense.

Nothing can be gained when competitive imbalance is so great for winning team. They can get better competition from their own practice scrimmages. There is nothing to work on, to get better, with such an competitive imbalance of ability.

Seen the above way done so as to not embarrass team that could not compete.  Shot ball once per minute. Actually ended up being a decent game with winning team up by 9 points at end of game.

Better than some 21-20 old NCAA games i have found on you tube before the shot clock and both teams were equally competitive with their players.

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/2020/01/riot-situation-breaks-out-at-girls-basketball-game-sends-player-to-hospital.html

  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

More disgusting ... Despite NJSIAA’s policies which University plays under, the 10th ranked school filed an appeal with the NJ Department of Education who stepped in (overstepped?) and allowed the ejected/suspended players to play the next game which was a “key Top 20 showdown”.  The school is also arguing they should not be barred from the post-season.

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/2020/01/doe-overrules-njsiaas-brawl-suspensions-allowing-1-teams-barred-girls-to-play.html

Posted

I can see it now................whoever gets beaten by the team(s) that should be disqualified from the state tournament, will now file legal injunctions that THEY should be allowed in, instead of the team that should be disqualified............

 

I kind of feel sorry for you NJ guys if this team is allowed in the state tournament.  Like the article said, "the officials are pressured to take charge of the game".  If this appeal overrules the officials, I HOPE that your attrition rate isn't what I could foresee it being.  I applaud NJSIAA for standing behind them.......................for now.

 

 

 

:sarcasm: Hey LawDog @lawump, how IS that separation of church and state thing coming along?...................:insertevillaughhere:

Posted
1 hour ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

I can see it now................whoever gets beaten by the team(s) that should be disqualified from the state tournament, will now file legal injunctions that THEY should be allowed in, instead of the team that should be disqualified............

 

I kind of feel sorry for you NJ guys if this team is allowed in the state tournament.  Like the article said, "the officials are pressured to take charge of the game".  If this appeal overrules the officials, I HOPE that your attrition rate isn't what I could foresee it being.  I applaud NJSIAA for standing behind them.......................for now.

 

 

 

:sarcasm: Hey LawDog @lawump, how IS that separation of church and state thing coming along?...................:insertevillaughhere:

But if you do take charge of the situation, since one team or even both teams are probably not going to like what you do, and therefore since coaches rule and get to pick officials with all their preferred lists in NJ, you are probably going to get blackballed. Nice system, eh.

Posted

 

6 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

I can see it now................whoever gets beaten by the team(s) that should be disqualified from the state tournament, will now file legal injunctions that THEY should be allowed in, instead of the team that should be disqualified............

 

We all know how it panned out for the baseball umpires in Georgia a few years ago.

Posted
6 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

I can see it now................whoever gets beaten by the team(s) that should be disqualified from the state tournament, will now file legal injunctions that THEY should be allowed in, instead of the team that should be disqualified............


So their “appeal” allowed the players to play against their next opponent, a “key Top 20 matchup”.  Then the players served their suspensions the following two games against unimportant opponents (including a mid-season tournament game against a team from Canada)  ... :rolleyes:

 

And what does it say about NJ education when you have an “Acting Director of the Office of Controversies and Disputes”?


×
×
  • Create New...