Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2958 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi there,

I've been a LL ump (BB/SB Juniors and below) for 5 years and this is my 2nd year umpiring All Star Tournaments.

I'll be traveling to Williamsport in September for the LL Umpire Mechanics Clinic and could use some advice:

What's the best airport to travel to and then take a car (or train) to the LL headquarters?

Is there anything around the area that I should not miss?

Thanks!

Posted

Baltimore (BWI) is the closest Major facility, about 3-3.5 hour drive time from there to WP.  If you can get into Harrisburg, it cuts about an hour off of the drive.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

There's a weekend clinic in March, held in Vancouver, WA. Sponsored by Western Regional. I believe Jim Joyce was there last year. I couldn't make it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 7/17/2018 at 6:52 PM, ousafe said:

I strongly recommend the LL Western Region umpire school in San Bernadino.  Usually in February for a full week.

I plan to attend this as well, but haven't been able to find where to register for it.

Posted
On 7/17/2018 at 10:08 PM, Mister B said:

There's a weekend clinic in March, held in Vancouver, WA. Sponsored by Western Regional. I believe Jim Joyce was there last year. I couldn't make it. 

Do you have a link to find more info about this clinic?

Posted

Here's the (old) 2018 schedule of clinics held by the LL Western Region: http://www.eteamz.com/llbwest/news/index.cfm?cat=234302

My guess is they will do something similar next year.  They will probably update their web page in the fall.

I did the week-long clinic in Feb 2017 and it was excellent.  7 days, 14 hours a day.  Classroom work dissecting rules, plate mechanics in the cages, base mechanics/rotations in the field.  Written and on-field exit exams.  Lots of great feedback and instruction throughout the week.  About 80% small diamond, 20% big diamond work.  Cost for the whole week was less than $400, including food and bunk house lodging...super bargain.

I also did the outreach clinic in Seattle this past March, which was very condensed but also excellent.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
3 hours ago, HASHTAG42 said:

Do you have a link to find more info about this clinic?

Email Joe and Fred (on the 60 foot flyer, ousafe link) and let them know you are interested. You should get an email from them in mid-January reminding you to register. 

For $100, it's a deal, considering they feed you. Especially if you live in the area. We have a couple guys who carpool up from Portland. 

  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
On 7/16/2018 at 9:34 AM, HASHTAG42 said:

Hi there,

I've been a LL ump (BB/SB Juniors and below) for 5 years and this is my 2nd year umpiring All Star Tournaments.

I'll be traveling to Williamsport in September for the LL Umpire Mechanics Clinic and could use some advice:

What's the best airport to travel to and then take a car (or train) to the LL headquarters?

Is there anything around the area that I should not miss?

Thanks!

Where in Washington you located?

×
×
  • Create New...