Jump to content
kylehutson

Something up with the site?

Recommended Posts

Hey @Umpire in Chief

Several times in the last 24 hours, the site hasn't loaded for me ("connection reset").

I see that forum activity has been unusually slow, leading me to believe it's not just me. It worked for me for awhile last night, and then was back offline after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kylehutson said:

Hey @Umpire in Chief

Several times in the last 24 hours, the site hasn't loaded for me ("connection reset").

I see that forum activity has been unusually slow, leading me to believe it's not just me. It worked for me for awhile last night, and then was back offline after that.

yes, server had a DNS IP change .....it screwed up the site.   Yesterday people were having trouble, and today its lingering.  It's up now (at least for me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything should be back up and running now. It took a little longer for the server's IP to repropagate because some moron named Warren wasn't paying attention and checked a box he shouldn't have.

Repropagation may take up to 24 hours.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sincerely, 

The Moron

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

yes, server had a DNS IP change .....it screwed up the site.   Yesterday people were having trouble, and today its lingering.  It's up now (at least for me)

I thought it had the odor of DNS.

42 minutes ago, Umpire in Chief said:

some moron named Warren wasn't paying attention and checked a box he shouldn't have.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

As an IT professional, I've done much worse. Multiple times.

FYI - still hasn't propagated to my office. Works from home, but not from the office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kylehutson said:

I thought it had the odor of DNS.

FYI - still hasn't propagated to my office. Works from home, but not from the office.

Thanks. I'm in the same boat. Phone is fine office is not there yet. 

It does amaze me I can get live info instantly on the net but things like domain propagation can take so long.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Umpire in Chief said:

 because some moron named Warren wasn't paying attention and checked a box he shouldn't have.

Or, as we like to say sometimes, "THAT f---ing guy."

 

 

(Ok, maybe not really.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...