Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3665 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

How many here remember when we wore the button-up Dalco shirts? Then everyone was excited with the navy pull-overs.

Too many colors/options out there IMO. I don't mind having a couple of colors, but EVERY league or organization has to be different colors, patches, numbers. It is out of hand. Everyone wants it because, MLB wears them. Hint, they don't have to pay for them, they probably have little say in what they wear, and they only have 2 colors.

Life was much easier (and cheaper) back then :) .

  • Like 2
Posted
On 9/18/2016 at 0:21 PM, maineump said:

How many here remember when we wore the button-up Dalco shirts? Then everyone was excited with the navy pull-overs.

Too many colors/options out there IMO. I don't mind having a couple of colors, but EVERY league or organization has to be different colors, patches, numbers. It is out of hand. Everyone wants it because, MLB wears them. Hint, they don't have to pay for them, they probably have little say in what they wear, and they only have 2 colors.

Life was much easier (and cheaper) back then :) .

Just get the shirts. Use these for patches, if they need to be different.

Posted

Thankfully in my neck of the woods although we all use a ton of colors from Black - White with everything in between no one for the most part uses numbers.

For the groups that require patches I either have one shirt which is the default color for that group with a patch sewed on or use fabric double sided tape to add/remove the needed patch. Allows for a lot more versatility and keeps me from having to buy 2-3 of the same shirts.

Posted
3 hours ago, kylehutson said:

Just get the shirts. Use these for patches, if they need to be different.

Those are fine for similar size patches and similar locations. I have to have embroidered shirts for 2 different groups and sewn on patches (one on packet and one on sleeve). Two of the groups have numbers, two don't - I can't win. I don't work for anyone who has blank shirts. Then I need jackets for 3 of those groups and all 4 have different hats (in blue and/or black). I can't win :) .

Posted

Ahh, Maine... just like Upper Peninsula Michigan, where every shirt or jacket – including umpire and referee – has a transparent window-pocket sewn onto it to hold-&-show yer' hunting and/or fishing license.

@maineump, don't let any of these Southerners ever give you grief over having so many patches on your clothes. They have NASCAR and Bass Fishing Tournaments. 'Nuff said. (Hey, I can fit my Chevy Bowtie patch right here, a Chik-Fil-A* one over here, and a Gus's Gear Garage one over here...)

 

* = I like Chik-Fil-A, very muchly. Their ad campaigns feature, humorously, one of my home state's best features. :)

 

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...