Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3644 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted
On 7/1/2016 at 9:38 PM, lawump said:

To which I replied sternly, "yes, because I said so and because I'm the one wearing the black shirt." 

He looked at me for a second, glanced down at my shirt, didn't say another word and walked back to the third base coach's box.  

 

I thought for a minute there you were going to say the coach looked down and then said "but you're wearing a blue shirt today" :lol:

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 6/22/2016 at 4:11 PM, GoodCallBlue! said:

on tag plays, there are times when u cannot be certain if a tag is actually applied. no way, can anybody see a tag 100% of the time.

this post was about responses to situations, not a course in umpiring.

 

You must be new here.

  • 2 months later...
Posted
On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 9:51 AM, GoodCallBlue! said:

Really? I need top explain that to you? He was picked off by a country mile! Umpiring 101, do not reward bad base running & do not split hairs on tags. If it looks like an out, call an out. Simple.

Really?  You're gonna go with that???

  • Like 2
Posted
7 minutes ago, UmpJeff said:

Really?  You're gonna go with that???

old school umpiring attitude. I thought we work as a group to get the call right. Right?

Posted
13 minutes ago, GPblue said:

old school umpiring attitude. I thought we work as a group to get the call right. Right?

The call in the OP didn't really need for the group to get together.  He called the runner out because, in his mind, he should've been out.  Not that he was.  That's HORRIBLE for an umpire, or any official in any sport, to officiate like this.  Our job is to call games according to the rules and with an impartial, unbiased approach.  He, by deciding to rule according to his own beliefs, had an impact on the game.  And, IMHO, that is wrong...very wrong.

  • Like 2
×
×
  • Create New...