CWS - UMPIRE CAM

stkjock
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2870 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

If you have not watched any of the CWS games yet, seems they have equipped the PU's mask with a camera and are showing views from his perspective a few times a game. 

Not something you see too often.

The Miami - UCSC game that is on now (6-20 2:40 pm EDT)  has this equipment in use.  The Florida - CC game last night had it as well.

If you get WatchESPN, check out the "multi-cam" coverage.  They use more camera angles than the main broadcast, and have sound but NO ANNOUNCERS!  It's much more like being there.  I wish I could watch MLB this way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grayhawk said:

If you get WatchESPN, check out the "multi-cam" coverage.  They use more camera angles than the main broadcast, and have sound but NO ANNOUNCERS!  It's much more like being there.  I wish I could watch MLB this way.

You can watch MLB this way. Kinda.

If you have MLB.tv, then you can choose the home team's camera feed and "park only" audio feed, which has no announcers. Not quite as good as being able to choose your own camera angles, but if you just want the game it's a good compromise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grayhawk said:

I watched some of today's afternoon game n this mode. Pretty cool. You get a lot of the sounds from the field...Fielders calling for balls, um pires calls not just behind the plate but on the bases. Very enjoyable. 

You can watch MLB this way. Kinda.

If you have MLB.tv, then you can choose the home team's camera feed and "park only" audio feed, which has no announcers. Not quite as good as being able to choose your own camera angles, but if you just want the game it's a good compromise.

Is that the same thing as MLB At Bat? I have that but the Angels are blacked out and I don't see an option for park only audio.

11 hours ago, grayhawk said:

Is that the same thing as MLB At Bat? I have that but the Angels are blacked out and I don't see an option for park only audio.

I think so, but At Bat is the mobile app so doesn't have the same functionality as the full MLB.tv web player. And yeah, local teams will almost always be blacked out. (I guess I'm lucky in this regard as Jays games are not blacked out locally and I'm obviously not in any other team's local market, so I get every other team without issue.)