Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4384 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

So my NB450 are gettiing to the point where they need to be repalced. I wanted to try a low top shoe. Ordered two pair of Reebok zig plate shoes, 10.5 and 11 since nobody local has them to try on. I wear a 10.5 wide in the NB450. Man these reebook are narrow. Order a whole size up and that still didn't help. They are being returned. I guess I might have to stick with NB and go with the 460. Have tried pentagon before and didn't like that shoe. Really wish NB made the 460 in a low top as an option

Posted

I'd wait until around the first of the year unless you're still working games.  It's been a few years since we've seen new plate shoes on the market.  It's probably about time for NB, Reebok and others to come out with something new.

Posted

I'd wait until around the first of the year unless you're still working games.  It's been a few years since we've seen new plate shoes on the market.  It's probably about time for NB, Reebok and others to come out with something new.

 

Unless you need the tax advantage for this year.

Posted

Those are my favorites as well. Really solid shoe. Why did Reebok change their sizing? All of the new stuff is narrow-I can't wear their basketball shoes anymore either.

  • Like 2
Posted

I've been a 450 wearer since they came out. So far, I haven't found a replacement I've liked. Luckily, I bought a few spares, when I found a deal, so I'm good for a few more years.

 

I wear 10.5, and like a little width, in street shoes. I wear an 11 450. Like others, I like the old Magistrates, and use them on the bases. The soles seem to collect a lot more mud than the 450, and it's harder from them to release it.

 

Over the years, if I found a product I've really liked, I would hoard them, so I didn't run out. I think I'm stocked on 450s and polywools until I retire.

  • Like 1
Posted

Those are my favorites as well. Really solid shoe. Why did Reebok change their sizing? All of the new stuff is narrow-I can't wear their basketball shoes anymore either.

 

I'm thinking since they no longer have the MLB contract they may feel there is no longer a need for different widths. That's too bad because I love the looks of the Zigs and would probably wear the plate shoes. As it is I wear the NB MB 1000 bk shoes on the bases. Love them.

Posted

pulled the trigger on older reebok magistrate low top plate shoe, they came in today, Feel very comfortable and will try them out tomorrow night on the field

×
×
  • Create New...