Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4395 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Got this email yesterday:

The Wendelstedt Umpire School is returning to the Southern California area to host the SoCal Umpire Classic in Pomona, CA November 21-23, 2014. It will include classroom, cage instruction, and field work conducted with live play by local high school teams. You will have an opportunity to improve your skills and make connections at this event.

Scholarships to the professional umpire course will be provided to top students, and other prizes and give-a-ways will be offered, including MLB tickets to 2015 season games. Come and join us to make yourself the best umpire you can be at the most reasonable costs available.

Tuition is $150.00 and includes instruction, clinic t-shirt, clinic manual, lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday, and a Certificate of Completion. Cage work will be videotaped and will be made available for your to keep and review. Tuition increases after September 30th, so enroll today. You may do so by going to www.umpireschool.com/socal_clinic.htm. Positions are limited and are filling up quickly! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Hunter Wendelstedt

MLB #21

I'm thinking I will go this year.

  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Hey Grayhawk. Me and a buddy of mine are thinking about attending. Maybe we will see you up there.

 

Registered this morning.  @D62Blue is going as well.  We're going to share a room to keep costs down.

Posted

I would go, but I will be on a cruise to the Caribbean. Just my luck!!

Which Cruise? I need to make sure I don't go on the same one!

 

 

:wave:  :rose: :rose:

Posted

@grayhawk. Cool. Going to check it out this week and see if we can fit it in. Wanted to get some work in before we go to TUS this January. Yep, gonna do the 4 week full course!

Posted

@grayhawk. Cool. Going to check it out this week and see if we can fit it in. Wanted to get some work in before we go to TUS this January. Yep, gonna do the 4 week full course!

<--------jealous!

Posted

Does anyone know of any other clinics on the West Coast? I would like to attend one if possible. 

Posted

 

 

I am going to Jim Evans in October.

In Arizona?

 

Yep. Looking forward to it too. Can't wait.

 

I am looking for a weekend clinic.

Posted

I am going to Jim Evans in October.
In Arizona?

Yep. Looking forward to it too. Can't wait.

I am looking for a weekend clinic.

Depending on where you live IBOA usually puts on a decent clinic. It's a 3 day. And it is I think $30. Most of the guys that instruct are Varsity High School or Junior College umpires. They usually have it in Huntington Beach.

Posted

I have been to the Western States Combine,which was great, but I don't think they have those anymore. 

×
×
  • Create New...