Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4498 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just got a nutty buddy cup and two battle compression shorts in mail.  2nd short was half off, bought from nutty buddy website.  If you are not wearing these you need to try it.  Best cup I have ever worn and the compression shorts actually make the cup sit snug against your body.  You barely feel like you are wearing a cup.

Posted

The compression shorts have two elastic strap that criss cross between your legs where your jewels are located.  I believe this helps keep the cup close to your body.

Posted

I have a big, bright yellow, banana cup in a UA strap and they both served me well yesterday...very well, indeed!

  • Like 1
Posted

Have one of the original banana cups.  It has served me very well for 19 years now. 

  • Like 1
Posted

Is the nutty butty any better than a shock doctor?

Tucker..... Search..., tons to read! :-)

Jeff - via TapatalkI know its been talked to death just wanted his opinion since he's not overly used to the nutty butty

Posted

Took another shot today in mine...4th or 5th time now.  I've never felt one that hit me there.  NB is the best equipment you can ever buy.

Posted

Took another shot today in mine...4th or 5th time now. I've never felt one that hit me there. NB is the best equipment you can ever buy.

Well looks like "real" umpire pants will be moving one slot down my priority list
  • Like 1
Posted

My NB saved me from a mean one-hopper yesterday.  Hit so hard that it smudged the letters on the cup despite being under my umpire pants and jock.  You could hear it loudly when it hit too.  One of those where everyone becomes silent in the entire vicinity.  Took about a half minute to adjust and take a breath, then continued on with no problems.

 

See video below for better demonstration - it was the selling point for me when I was deciding:

 

http://youtu.be/UZanOjDeO_Y

Posted

My NB saved me from a mean one-hopper yesterday. Hit so hard that it smudged the letters on the cup despite being under my umpire pants and jock. You could hear it loudly when it hit too. One of those where everyone becomes silent in the entire vicinity. Took about a half minute to adjust and take a breath, then continued on with no problems.

See video below for better demonstration - it was the selling point for me when I was deciding:

http://youtu.be/UZanOjDeO_Y

Well looked into it only will run me a 10U game fee to buy it, probably worth the $50 investment
Posted

Is the NB worth it? In my book...nope. Used it for about 10 games and had to get rid of it. Just my build I guess, wouldn't stay put.

I had the same issues, I've taken several hits with the NB and they are not fun at all, I use a shock doctor steel cup now and it seems to do the job better than the NB due to my build.

Posted

Is the NB worth it? In my book...nope. Used it for about 10 games and had to get rid of it. Just my build I guess, wouldn't stay put.

<br />I had the same issues, I've taken several hits with the NB and they are not fun at all, I use a shock doctor steel cup now and it seems to do the job better than the NB due to my build.<br />Maybe if you buy a youth size NB it will fit better !
Posted

 

 

Is the NB worth it? In my book...nope. Used it for about 10 games and had to get rid of it. Just my build I guess, wouldn't stay put.

<br />I had the same issues, I've taken several hits with the NB and they are not fun at all, I use a shock doctor steel cup now and it seems to do the job better than the NB due to my build. <br />Maybe if you buy a youth size NB it will fit better !

 

oh, like your custom made version Rolando?!  Called the "gnat"? :wave:

  • Like 1
Posted

Is the NB worth it? In my book...nope. Used it for about 10 games and had to get rid of it. Just my build I guess, wouldn't stay put.

<br />I had the same issues, I've taken several hits with the NB and they are not fun at all, I use a shock doctor steel cup now and it seems to do the job better than the NB due to my build.<br />Maybe if you buy a youth size NB it will fit better !<br /><br />oh, like your custom made version Rolando?! Called the "gnat"? :wave:<br />Nice one!
  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...