Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4537 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

On Saturday, had my 1st 3 pitch inning. Took me close to 1000 games to get there. And last night worked the big diamond with my soon to be 17 y/o doing a Babe Ruth game.

  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Congrats on both............but make sure you savor those moments on field with your son.........My son umpired some summer ball with me while he was in college and they are some of my most favorite baseball memories...

Edited by Stan W.
clarity
Posted

Funny that this thread just got posted.  Worked a JV game yesterday and had an inning with 2 outs on 2 pitches (visitors batting).  F1 started off the third batter with a ball down and well off the plate for a ball.  After I called the ball, I said just loud enough for F2 to hear, "and so the dream dies."  He asked what I meant and told him umpires love 3 pitch innings.  We finished that inning 2 pitches later.

 

When the visitors came up next inning - the dream lived on!  3 pitch inning!

 

Finished the game with visitors winning 6-0 in 1:30.  When I passed the freshman game that started at the same time on the next field over on my way back to my car, they were still in the 4th.   :wave:

Posted

Funny that this thread just got posted. Worked a JV game yesterday and had an inning with 2 outs on 2 pitches (visitors batting). F1 started off the third batter with a ball down and well off the plate for a ball. After I called the ball, I said just loud enough for F2 to hear, "and so the dream dies." He asked what I meant and told him umpires love 3 pitch innings. We finished that inning 2 pitches later.

When the visitors came up next inning - the dream lived on! 3 pitch inning!

Finished the game with visitors winning 6-0 in 1:30. When I passed the freshman game that started at the same time on the next field over on my way back to my car, they were still in the 4th. :wave:

Now you know how the softball guys feel. They always walk by our smiling and waving. Complete game and we are still in the 4th.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Posted

I am stupified that any coach would allow his team to be set down in a three pitch inning. How do they allow this to happen? Whenever I get 2 on 2 pitches, I expect the batter to take the next pitch. I cannot believe how many batters get the green light and hack away on pitch 3.

Posted

Whoa...

 

Just had my first encounter with that mythical beast - the three pitch inning.

 

JV game, two rival schools.  VT jumped out quick to a 3-0 lead, but then both pitchers settled down.  Top 5th, BOOM, three pitches, three ground ball outs.  I was flabbergasted.

 

VT ended up winning 5-4 in 8.  Best played game I have had all spring.

Posted

On Saturday, had my 1st 3 pitch inning. Took me close to 1000 games to get there. And last night worked the big diamond with my soon to be 17 y/o doing a Babe Ruth game.

Whoa...

Just had my first encounter with that mythical beast - the three pitch inning.

JV game, two rival schools. VT jumped out quick to a 3-0 lead, but then both pitchers settled down. Top 5th, BOOM, three pitches, three ground ball outs. I was flabbergasted.

VT ended up winning 5-4 in 8. Best played game I have had all spring.

PU owes BU a steak dinner!

Sent using Tapatalk


×
×
  • Create New...