Had an interview last night

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3923 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

The day I need to use proper English on a message board is the day I'll go back to my college feedback forums. I didn't think we were being graded. By the way, you can always pay for a degree. I did ;-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

No one needs to do anything. I just like to use the language properly regardless of whether I'm on a message board or sending an email to a colleague. I know a lot of people who don't mind sounding uneducated and lower-class.

I like to be on this board to be entertained and to learn. I was definitely entertained with this thread; both because of the subject matter and the fact that I was able to test my brain by deciphering some of the "code" that someone was trying to pass off as English.

To each his own.

Damn, I punctuate my texts. 

I wrote whole sentences in mine. I cannot stand text speak.

The day I need to use proper English on a message board is the day I'll go back to my college feedback forums. I didn't think we were being graded. By the way, you can always pay for a degree. I did ;-)

No one needs to do anything. I just like to use the language properly regardless of whether I'm on a message board or sending an email to a colleague. I know a lot of people who don't mind sounding uneducated and lower-class.

I like to be on this board to be entertained and to learn. I was definitely entertained with this thread; both because of the subject matter and the fact that I was able to test my brain by deciphering some of the "code" that someone was trying to pass off as English.

To each his own.

So do I. It drives SWMBO crazy!

I'm a member of the "Facebook" generation, but one day (when I was in high school) I went back to look at the messages I was sending to people and they were full of punctuation errors, misspelling, misuse of words like 'your' and 'there' and a whole bunch of other grammatical errors.  I couldn't believe how much of a moron I sounded like.

Knowing college would be here soon and the realization that I would have to formulate a résumé and cover letter sometime in the future if I ever wanted to be employed, I shaped up rather quickly.

• Like 2

To each his own.

It's not so much I don't like text speak, I don't understand it. I have many young part time employees that text constantly and I have no idea what they are saying. 

To each his own.

It's not so much I don't like text speak, I don't understand it. I have many young part time employees that text constantly and I have no idea what they are saying. 

Catch up with the times old man, SMH, IJS, #getwiththenew

:fuel:

• Like 1

To each his own.

Its Alright,  it takes some time to learn at first but before you know you be doing same thing.

How R U?  that of course How are you.