Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4843 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

What are your opinions on this glove being used as a PITCHERS glove in LL SB?

It is the Optic Yellow Lacing I'm referring too.

I know what the LL Rule 1.15(a) says, and I know it is umpires judgement as to a “distraction†to the batter or PU, however the wording is very ambiguous and can be interpreted in more than one way. I just want some added input and views.

:-)

  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I'll allow it.... It's factory original. 

Equipment is very expensive and chance are that's the only glove little Susie has....

Posted

I know this is a LL question, but FED says no for F1. Larry Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Posted

I know this is a LL question, but FED says no for F1. Larry Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1.3.6 in FED is specific to White and Grey..... NOT Yellow.

Posted
I know this is a LL question, but FED says no for F1. Larry Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
1.3.6 in FED is specific to White and Grey..... NOT Yellow. Do you mean 1.4.1? Larry Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Posted

 

I know this is a LL question, but FED says no for F1. Larry Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
1.3.6 in FED is specific to White and Grey..... NOT Yellow. Do you mean 1.4.1? Larry Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

 

No.... 1.3.6

Posted
I know this is a LL question, but FED says no for F1. Larry Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
1.3.6 in FED is specific to White and Grey..... NOT Yellow. Do you mean 1.4.1? Larry Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 No.... 1.3.6 You realize this topic is softball, right? Larry Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Posted
And these last 4 posts are related to the original LL question how? ? :-)
I thought I would share the FED ruling in case anyone was interested. And now there's 5 posts that are not strictly on point. Larry Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Posted

illegal.

 

1.15 (a)

 

 . . . or if multi-colored, white, gray or optic yellow shall not be included in the colors.

Posted

I agree also. There was quite an interpretation difference between umps before and after several LL SB games over the last several weeks. Some umps allowed it. I did not, which caused a few "discussions" from coaches and managers. This glove was "approved by WP" according to them. So for clarification I made a call and sent an email to WP. . . Response: Illegal. It was not used during the semi & final of All Star playoff. I was also advised by WP that it will be considered for a more defined "rule revision consideration for 2014".

SJA :-)

Posted

It's hilarious that light gray is banned, when the color of a baseball is usually light brown by the third inning. Lot of light brown gloves out there.

 

As far at that green goes, it's up to each umpire if it's a distraction. And that's the problem.

 

Factory original has nothing to do with it, as there are plenty of gloves on the market that won't fly on the pitcher.


×
×
  • Create New...