Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4895 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

i like the all star. I have worn it for the past 2 seasons. The construction is top rate compared to some of the others i have seen. i have never heard of one bending. The LUC pads are good. The only down side it is a double bar. Still weighs less than 20oz. I have not worn the other two.

Posted

Been wearing the Wilson for years. Have had no issues with it and really prefer the single bar. Never seen a Rawlings in person, quite intrigued by it.

Posted

I have worn both the Wilson and All-star. I prefer the All-star. I did load mine with black TWs.

My Wilson bent. Never had an issue with the all star.

Posted

The All-Star is the FM25 frame in essense ....except for the ears on the Ti version are larger ....

 

The frame is a 'double-bar' but it's negligible .... sight is great out that rig

Posted

I have worn both the Wilson and All-star. I prefer the All-star. I did load mine with black TWs.

My Wilson bent. Never had an issue with the all star.

If your mask bent from a impact it did what is was designed to do.

By bending the mask is distributing the force of the blow which means less force transmitted to your face and head.

I do not understand the complaints about a mask bending.

Be thankful it did.

Posted

I understand, but the shot that bent it was not even that hard.

I will take my All-star loaded with TWs any day that I decide against wearing my MVP4000TI.

  • Like 1
Posted

i like the all star. I have worn it for the past 2 seasons. The construction is top rate compared to some of the others i have seen. i have never heard of one bending. The LUC pads are good. The only down side it is a double bar. Still weighs less than 20oz. I have not worn the other two.

 

I had an All-Star bend once. They replaced it and havent had it happen again. All-Starts said they never seen that happen before.

×
×
  • Create New...