Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5145 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Heading to Cooperstown on Friday to be an umpire for week 13 at CDP. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me since I will be going with my son who is playing. What can be better than a trip to Cooperstown with my 12 year old son where he will be a player and I will be an umpire?

Once I get my crew/field assignment, I will be sure to post it here if it's on fields 1-10 (keeping my finger crossed) so you all can tear me to shreds. :)

Anyone else from this forum going to be there next week?

Posted

I'm here now but leaving on fri morning. Not as an umpire but as a spectator. You'll love it it's like baseball disneyworld.

Posted

Make sure you pack sweatshirt and long pants. It gets very chilly at night.

Glad to hear it - should make getting to sleep a little easier.

Posted

Make sure you pack sweatshirt and long pants. It gets very chilly at night.

Glad to hear it - should make getting to sleep a little easier.

Definitely. Barracks have no a/c and in July it's brutal.

Posted

I thought there could be no player/umpire relatives @ cooperstown?

They need umpires. That rule is never enforced.

Posted

Make sure you pack sweatshirt and long pants. It gets very chilly at night.

Glad to hear it - should make getting to sleep a little easier.

Definitely. Barracks have no a/c and in July it's brutal.

I was there in July and had no heat problems

Posted

I thought there could be no player/umpire relatives @ cooperstown?

A couple of years ago a coach went as an umpire. Heard he only worked a couple of games. He just wanted to be with his team.

Posted

Make sure you pack sweatshirt and long pants. It gets very chilly at night.

Glad to hear it - should make getting to sleep a little easier.

Definitely. Barracks have no a/c and in July it's brutal.

I was there in July and had no heat problems

Maybe I had a bad week but four years ago I played there in July and it was unbearable in the barracks. Regardless August weather up here is beautiful. It's 72 and a light breeze right now.

Posted

I thought there could be no player/umpire relatives @ cooperstown?

A couple of years ago a coach went as an umpire. Heard he only worked a couple of games. He just wanted to be with his team.

Haha really?!?? I cant imagine that.

Posted

Make sure you pack sweatshirt and long pants. It gets very chilly at night.

Glad to hear it - should make getting to sleep a little easier.

Definitely. Barracks have no a/c and in July it's brutal.

I was there in July and had no heat problems

Jax it was so hot in my barracks I thought I was going to sweat to death. I was in 31 and it got full sun all day long.

Sent from my GNex while laying in bed

Posted

Never trust a guy from Florida

Fixed it for ya

Let's not kill the whole state. It should just be: Never trust Jax. Lol

Posted

Never trust a guy from Florida

Fixed it for ya

Let's not kill the whole state. It should just be: Never trust Jax. Lol

how bout never trust Cuban-Puerto Rican Floridians
Posted

Jax it was so hot in my barracks I thought I was going to sweat to death. I was in 31 and it got full sun all day long.

Sent from my GNex while laying in bed

You mean you didn't have air conditioning in yours?

Posted

Well, I was assigned field 22, so no webcam for me. Hopefully I'll get a chance on Thursday. The guy I worked with yesterday was good. Looking forward to seeing how the other two on my crew work - they're fit and can move, so that's good.

Good guys in my barrack. Nobody snores. An umpire in a different barrack got booted this morning for being a drunken idiot last night. A guy that worked with him yesterday said he was an arrogant ass anyway.

It's been cool at night, so no problem sleeping. More later.

Posted

Glad you enjoying it. And if your lookin for another tale involving drunken idiots at CDP http://cdpumptales.blogspot.com/2010/09/chapter-2-rest-in-peace-longsnapper.html?m=1

Posted

Never trust a guy from Florida

Fixed it for ya

Let's not kill the whole state. It should just be: Never trust Jax. Lol

how bout never trust Cuban-Puerto Rican Floridians

Oh I meant to ask you earlier. How do you keep you mask on prepely?

293273_514331978596260_154386861_n.jpg

Posted

Rolo, I see your phone has the self-portrait option. I wouldn't use it, if I were you.

  • Like 1
Posted

Jax it was so hot in my barracks I thought I was going to sweat to death. I was in 31 and it got full sun all day long.

Sent from my GNex while laying in bed

You mean you didn't have air conditioning in yours?

HaHa maybe it was just not on my end lol

Sent from my GNex while laying in bed

Posted

3 more booted for scamming teams out of money. They were acting as brokers, charging a large fee to be their umpire and then finding someone to do it for them for pennies on the dollar. One guy took $1,200 from a team and left after opening ceremonies (on his own).

First coach ejection of the summer yesterday. PU and BU gave him the boot simultaneously.

Posted

3 more booted for scamming teams out of money. They were acting as brokers, charging a large fee to be their umpire and then finding someone to do it for them for pennies on the dollar. One guy took $1,200 from a team and left after opening ceremonies (on his own).

First coach ejection of the summer yesterday. PU and BU gave him the boot simultaneously.

That's horrible. It's guys like that who give all of us a bad name. What did the coach do to get dumped?

×
×
  • Create New...