Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5834 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

My commish called me to offer me the most choice assignments --ever-- but I couldn't take them. :givebeer:

I was offerd a few beach wiffleball games, and yes they pay, and pay well. On top of that my partner was going to be Ump81 who I love working with and we would have had a blast.

To umpire wiffleball games using 2 umpires n the beach in sandals and shorts with hotties all around and being paid is just too good to be true.

For better or worse this weekend is Scout Fest and the 100th anniversary celebration for the scouts and I promised my son we'd spent the whole weekend together there.

  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

My commish called me to offer me the most choice assignments --ever-- but I couldn't take them. :bang:

I was offerd a few beach wiffleball games, and yes they pay, and pay well. On top of that my partner was going to be Ump81 who I love working with and we would have had a blast.

To umpire wiffleball games using 2 umpires n the beach in sandals and shorts with hotties all around and being paid is just too good to be true.

For better or worse this weekend is Scout Fest and the 100th anniversary celebration for the scouts and I promised my son we'd spent the whole weekend together there.

My first reaction upon reading this was to check the calendar to be sure it wasn't April 1st.

Seriously? Umpires for beach wiffleball? :beerbang And not only that, but a two man crew?!? And they have enough money to pay? :cheers::) Great googley-moogley. :givebeer:

As for the Scout Fest, somehow I know there's a little man on your shoulder, and he's telling you what you really know is the right thing to do.

You know what's best. Keep that promise. :clap:

;)

Posted

Funny you mention wiffleball.

Had a side arm F1 on Sunday who had nasty breakin balls.

One batter asked me to check the ball because he thought it was a wiffleball.

He pitched to 12 batters and only 2 got enough wood on it to do anything.

Only one got a weak bloop hit.

Posted

No, no April fools joke. Why couldn't the wiffleball tourny be another week. I dont know the first thing about umpiring wiffleball (some may say the same for baseball) but it sure sounds like fun.

But we're going to have a blast at Scout Fest. My son loves the Cub Scouts.

Posted (edited)

the smile on your sons face in the first picture ........sews it up warren.....its really a short time between your sons age and my own son...(he is now 24)...you got to enjoy and take part in every event you can.....

baseball (er ah...wiffleball) will always be there.......

Edited by Stan W.
usual suspects- spelling and clarity
Posted (edited)

No, no April fools joke. Why couldn't the wiffleball tourny be another week. I dont know the first thing about umpiring wiffleball (some may say the same for baseball) but it sure sounds like fun.

But we're going to have a blast at Scout Fest. My son loves the Cub Scouts.

You're a lucky (Blessed, actually) man, Warren.

And I really like that name! :beerbang

Enjoy the weekend. :givebeer:

Edited by BrianC14
Posted

My oldest son stuck with the scouts and made Eagle. Don't pass up the chances provided. My business partner's son is currently in scouts and they drove to the national jamporee for a day.

Posted

+1, gentlemen.

You'll remember Scout Fest long after you've forgotten a wiffle ball game. I remember our Scout camping trips like they were yesterday. (he's now Big Boy Camping with the US Marines).

Posted

My son (20 yo) and I share a lot of fun memories from his scouting days. He retired from scouting after achieving his Arrow of Light as a Weblos. We did a lot of camping, even though neither one of us were into the outdoor life. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything.

Enjoy it Warren. :beerbang:cheers: :givebeer:


×
×
  • Create New...