Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5935 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

All..

I don't think I ever posted what I was talking about in the spring, and thought I'd show you what I did.

First, ...found 2 sets of doeskin Honig's pads online (killer deal!)

Second, found a great price for the vinyl padded FM25LTX umpire All-Star mask.

Third, ...took off the vinyl padding and used it for modification ....

RESULT: Enjoy ........ :question1:

  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Too awesome, Jeff!

:yippie:

Thanks Brad .... doeskin or anything super soft is a great option for your traditional rigs! ;)

:question1:

Had to put that All-Star embroidered logo on there, ...too cool!:yippie:

Posted

Thunderheads:

Looks great. Personally I would add a throat protector to it.

I have long been a big fan of the All Star FM25 frame. My first mask was the vinyl pad version. I ordered a back up and the retailer sent me the leather pad version by mistake:). This mask frame is a bargin ($39.99 for vinyl pads), is very light and protects extremely well. I highly recommend this mask.

I would really like to try a FM25 Ti at some future point. I have also heard that All Star is introducing a umpire specific mask very soon.

Posted

Thunderheads:

Looks great. Personally I would add a throat protector to it.

I have long been a big fan of the All Star FM25 frame. My first mask was the vinyl pad version. I ordered a back up and the retailer sent me the leather pad version by mistake:). This mask frame is a bargin ($39.99 for vinyl pads), is very light and protects extremely well. I highly recommend this mask.

I would really like to try a FM25 Ti at some future point. I have also heard that All Star is introducing a umpire specific mask very soon.

Thanks!

I have a friend who's a fabricator, and thinking of having a customized extention to beneath the throat extendor on the mask....make it look more like it was a part of it. We'll see ....

And yes, ...they DO have a traditional umpire mask coming!!

Posted

Thunderheads:

I would really like to try a FM25 Ti at some future point. I have also heard that All Star is introducing a umpire specific mask very soon.

I have an FM25TI... and I love it! Light, great view, protective. Took one right in the mug on sunday... no problem.

Posted

i've also got this mask but decided to modify it w/ some microfiber pads due to the extreme heat we get here in south Louisiana and use it for hot daytime games.. how did you get the all star logo on the lower pad like that?

Posted

i've also got this mask but decided to modify it w/ some microfiber pads due to the extreme heat we get here in south Louisiana and use it for hot daytime games.. how did you get the all star logo on the lower pad like that?

Hi there ....

Well, when the mask came in, it came in w/ the vinyl pads. I took the vinyl pads off the mask because I got the Honigs doeskins off of ebay. I got some sticky velcro, and an exacto-knife. I cut out the "A" logo in the shape I wanted, and velcroed it to the attachment strap of the chin pad on the Honig's!

Simple ...go look at the pic, you can almost see it now that I described it. From about 2 feet away ...you can't tell it was 'modified' ...hell, it even looks pretty good up close!:smachhead:


×
×
  • Create New...